Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I connect to OEM oil hardline?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Dan Wendling
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I connect to OEM oil hardline?

What fittings and tools do I need to connect braided hose to the oil supply and return hard lines leading to/from the adapter block at the oil filter. Item 6 in the figure. I want to keep the hard lines leading to the adapter block and through the engine mounts but change the OEM flex hose to braided line and route to a pair of curved Earls coolers mounted where the fog lights are currently located.

A second option is the connect to the flex hose but not as desirable.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:12 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

I don't know anyone that has done this. Are they threaded, or GM quick-disconnects of some type???? You will likely just have to take them off and head to the hardware store.....
Old 12-05-2010, 01:03 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ron Davis ships GM quick-connect to AN fitting adapters with their radiators that have EOC/TOC. So the adapters exist somewhere, maybe they'll sell them separately?
Old 12-05-2010, 01:05 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 160 Posts

Not specific to yur question but I did mix hard and softline when building my airjack system. What you do is cut the GM hardline and measure the line or guess at the size from the outside OD. It is probably a standard size in sae or metric. Then you need to buy the nut that goes over the hardline in an AN size and flare the hardline tube end to connect to the AN fitting of coresponding flex hose size in 37 degree flare iirc. Does that make any sence? All the AN parts are obtainable from summit racing or earl's. Note the big price difference between milspec earl and others and JIC. IIRC jic will screw onto AN but they leak because the tolerances are just a bit off.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:26 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

You could also cut the hose that is attached to the hardline and put an AN fitting onto that.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:31 PM
coffey
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A tube nut setup like billybob mentioned is probably your best bet as long as the line is the correct size for a given AN tube sleeve. There are also AN hard line adapters available that use a compression fitting built into an AN fitting. I don't trust those though.

Get notified of new replies

To How do I connect to OEM oil hardline?

Quick Reply: How do I connect to OEM oil hardline?