Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Corbeau seat brackets?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Solo2GS
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Default C5 Corbeau seat brackets?

Anyone using the Corbeau seat brackets? I recently picked up a Corbeau FX1 seat and am looking at bracket options. I know that Harbar makes a good bracket, but I'd rather not spend more on the bracket then I did on the seat at the moment!

Currently I have Sport seats that give me about a 1/4" clearance from the roof with a helmet on, but would like to make sure I get a little more with this new seat... For the most part the seat does not need to be adjusted for different drivers.

Comments from those using the Corbeau bracket or any other options would be helpful.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:04 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Solo2GS
Anyone using the Corbeau seat brackets? I recently picked up a Corbeau FX1 seat and am looking at bracket options. I know that Harbar makes a good bracket, but I'd rather not spend more on the bracket then I did on the seat at the moment!

Currently I have Sport seats that give me about a 1/4" clearance from the roof with a helmet on, but would like to make sure I get a little more with this new seat... For the most part the seat does not need to be adjusted for different drivers.

Comments from those using the Corbeau bracket or any other options would be helpful.
Been through 3 Corbeau seat brackets - they do not survive very well. But they are cheap.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:14 PM
B505
Instructor

I was talking to a couple of corbeau seat guys this weekend and they were very unhappy with the factory brackets as well. both of them (c6z06s) had to raise the fronts in order to get the seat to feel right, if not they were pitched forward. I dont know why they dont address this problem from the factory!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:35 PM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I have the corbeau sliders. I'm looking for a used set of hardbar.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:41 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I have the Corbeau w/slider for drivers side FX1 pro. 3 track days and I am OK with it so far. I am 5'11" and helmet is barely touching roof. Made a custom bracket for passenger side as I got the bigger seat for that side.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:57 PM
96solo
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by varkwso
Been through 3 Corbeau seat brackets - they do not survive very well. But they are cheap.
My Corbeau seats slider brackets were just find after hitting a wall at 70 MPH at PIR. They gave at the same rate as my G-Force Belts. I walked away with no pain from the accident. How's that for lasting.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:28 AM
damenh85
Advanced

Originally Posted by Solo2GS

I'd heard multiple reports of dissatisfaction with the Corbeau sliders and wasn't particularly happy with the single-slider I'd used in another car, so I ended up making my own for around $50. The Hardbar mounts look great, but I just couldn't stomach paying more for the mounts than I paid for the seat. Here's a link to the DIY thread: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...many-pics.html
Old 12-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Solo2GS
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07

Thanks for all the feedback everyone and the link to the DIY brackets.

I did just get an e-mail from Corbeau saying they do make aluminum side mount brackets as shown below.

I didn't get a price on them yet, but this maybe an option as well.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Corbeau seat brackets?

Quick Reply: C5 Corbeau seat brackets?