Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette or Camaro: Which is better?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Corvette or Camaro: Which is better?

Pfadt customers typically fall into two categories: Corvette or Camaro enthusiast. We know what they are both capable of....but which one would win in a race? Which one looks better? Which one is a real muscle car? Which one would win a a Tug-O-War?

Click on the your favorite car above and "Like" your choice to show your support.

Lets get CorvetteForum members on board to show Camaro owners they do NOT run the streets!

By just being a Fan of Pfadt, you will be able to see the EXCLUSIVE discount code that will only be good for a limited amount of time. The vehicle with the most "likes" will have 5 people picked at random to receive an extra $100 coupon code valid for website orders!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:39 PM
slo_z28
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I choose Camaro with Corvette frame/suspension/drivetrain:

but thats just the pro touring guy in me.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:16 PM
vette6aut0x
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slo_z28

Well, I guess this guy has drawn first blood.....

P.S. Incredible work!
Old 12-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

wow!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 06:51 PM
slo_z28
Instructor

Back on topic, you cant even compare these cars. The camaro is a bloated pig but is very successful in that it it invokes the little beast that a true car guy has inside them, you almost wish that you were in a high speed pursuit every time that you see a cop when driving. The corvette is a highly refined, highly tuned, balanced beast of American engineering that strikes to the very core of what a sports car should be. The corvette is equally at home taking your significant other to a wine tasting in Napa or at sears point on the race track.

The corvette will drive to the very edge of your ability and do it while remaining composed and instilling a confidence that only the vette can.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:00 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

what's better apple or an orange?
Old 12-10-2010, 10:04 PM
quickc6
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this some kind of joke.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:10 PM
andrewdonald1
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I am not worthy!!
Old 12-10-2010, 11:40 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Other than brakes and interior, Vette hands down, upside down, backwards, forwards..............

------------

Somebody has far more money to burn than just wanting to build a real car to really drive. What they are doing with that Camvette is incredible to look at and I admire the craftsmanship but why? They are doing things that just do not need to be done, unless it will get wings and really fly.

$$$$$$$$$$$$ and most likely a trailer queen in the end

------------

But, some guys pay (few cars like this are built by the owner) a fortune and actually use them as a car, that is far better to me.

I have ridden in a $650k 56 Mac truck, the owner did a did a huge amount of work on it himself, we went to lunch in it, he towed other show cars to the show with it, that to me is friggin cool!

------------

So, I am impressed but would be 1,000 over if it is driven and driven pretty hard

Rick
Old 12-12-2010, 11:19 AM
VideoGameGeek
Drifting

Corvette. NFW will I give an ounce of time to that over-bloated retro homage car.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:09 PM
6SPEEDZ
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Neither is better. They are two completely different cars with different personalities and I like them both. I have driven both current models and I own a 2003 C5Z and 87 Iroc. I also had a LS powered 84 Z28 until it was stolen while I was at Petit Lemans this year. The current Camaro does get far more looks when driving down the road even compared to driving a ZR1 down the road.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:05 PM
slo_z28
Instructor

You dont know what pro touring is if you think these are trailer queens:

Truth is youre not a pro tourer untill youve done something like this
Old 12-12-2010, 06:31 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VideoGameGeek
Corvette. NFW will I give an ounce of time to that over-bloated retro homage car.
new one will be smaller
Old 12-12-2010, 06:49 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I know exactly what Pro Touring is and why I am building one.

1) Ultra high performance in all aspects with an old school body.
2) It should be driven and driven hard, often.
3) It does not have to cost more than an ultra expensive supercar to do it right but it is not cheap.

If that car is being built to actually drive I will have the utmost respect for it, if not, then it is just an exercise in excess and not even a real car.

The car I am building is going to see HPDE, TT, Open Road and my wife and I both want to drive it on the salt so we can join the 200 MPH club it after driving it there towing our 46 aluminum tear drop trailer

It will have a full cage, all the safety gear including fire system, look more like a race car inside that street car but done to be quiet, comfortable, safe, cool, warm....and have a world class competition audio install that will take your head off if I want to.

It might take us a few years but we are in no rush, doing it right and by ourselves because we want to.

The blood sweat and tears it takes to build a car you take out and risk is far different than paying to have one built and taking it out and risking it. I do respect those that have such cars built but it is not the same thing as doing it yourself and never can be.

All IMHO of course

Sorry Aaron, we are way of topic here.

Rick
Old 12-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Depends on the driver
Old 12-12-2010, 08:55 PM
slo_z28
Instructor

On topic I did know that Pfadt made some sick corvette components, I didn't know they made camaro components. I would love to drive a 5th gen camaro with their package, it probably handles incredibly better.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Hey no worries guys we realize not every thread goes according to plan! Glad people are at least posting their opinions!

On topic I did know that Pfadt made some sick corvette components, I didn't know they made camaro components. I would love to drive a 5th gen camaro with their package, it probably handles incredibly better.
Thank you for the compliments! Its funny you bring up the Camaro package, and the difference it makes. A couple months ago we had a test day with Johnny O'Connell. The testing was focused on Corvette development, but we threw him the keys to the Camaro and caught his reaction on tape. We had a film crew there for the Corvette Signature Suspension video we did. Anyway, take a look if interested:

http://www.youtube.com/user/PfadtRac.../7/2Cxwt0E5RJ0
Old 12-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Alright everyone! Its pretty clear the Corvette won the contest, with well over double the "likes" that the Camaro got. As a result, the discount code is now up for all fans, and 5 random Corvette enthusiasts were drawn for an extra $100 discount.

This code can be used on ANYTHING online, from the only GMPP certified Corvette suspension parts to the Johnny O'Connell package to a carbon driveshaft. Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask! Thanks for playing!

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette or Camaro: Which is better?

Quick Reply: Corvette or Camaro: Which is better?