Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone upgrade to hyperco leaf springs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 08:43 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone upgrade to hyperco leaf springs?

I was wondering if anyone has upgraded to hyperco springs and if so what results did you get. (leaf Springs)

Thanks
Old 12-24-2010, 10:44 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by trapp
I was wondering if anyone has upgraded to hyperco springs and if so what results did you get.
I know it's not what you asked, but HPT is 625#/850#, HPS is 565#/765# and T1 is 582#/850#... so a bit more front rate than T1 springs and we know how the T1 guys hustle these cars around...
Old 12-25-2010, 07:24 AM
Gman57
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still in the box along with some other mods to do in the next month or so. I sure hope I like them.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:54 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gkmccready
I know it's not what you asked, but HPT is 625#/850#, HPS is 565#/765# and T1 is 582#/850#... so a bit more front rate than T1 springs and we know how the T1 guys hustle these cars around...

but I think their are better choices in spring rates.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:05 AM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

HyperCo makes really great stuff.

We have been using their coil springs now for the better part of 15 years or more on our coil over kits and race cars alike. They supply CART, IRL, NASCAR, ALMS, and even F1 teams with springs.

When we have used their leaf spring replacements they supply the same great quality and are a good step up from the OEM units in terms of not only spring rates but also construction.

There are two different spring setups as posted above for the C5 cars and depending on what you are going to do with it, which ones to go with.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:35 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
HyperCo makes really great stuff.

We have been using their coil springs now for the better part of 15 years or more on our coil over kits and race cars alike. They supply CART, IRL, NASCAR, ALMS, and even F1 teams with springs.

When we have used their leaf spring replacements they supply the same great quality and are a good step up from the OEM units in terms of not only spring rates but also construction.

There are two different spring setups as posted above for the C5 cars and depending on what you are going to do with it, which ones to go with.
I ordered the HPT hyperco leaf springs for front and rear on my 09 C6 Z51. I also ordered the LG T1 front and rear sway bars with links. I was wondering if I will see any performance enhancements as compared to OEM....

trapp
Old 12-30-2010, 03:39 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by trapp
I ordered the HPT hyperco leaf springs for front and rear on my 09 C6 Z51. I also ordered the LG T1 front and rear sway bars with links. I was wondering if I will see any performance enhancements as compared to OEM....

trapp
Yes there is going to be HUGE change in how the car handles and rides. If you have not done it, I would strongly suggest a better shock like a Bilstein Sport at this point as well.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:39 PM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

I put them on my '85 track car. I won't say the difference is huge - but there is a real difference. It's my understanding that these are the same as the old Corvette Challenge springs. Of course I used the stiffest version based on the recommendation of Danny Kellermyer. The idea is the C4 is limited by small sway bars. No one makes really big bars for the C4. The stiffer spring is used to limit body roll. Not an ideal situation - but it actually works.

The front spring is a PITA to replace. You can do the rear one in your sleep - it's that easy. I also sent the shocks out to Bilstein to have them matched to the new spring rates.

I think it was all worth it. I would do it again.

btw - This month my column in Vintage Motorsport magazine is all about data loggers. You can get a free copy of VM magazine here.

Richard Newton
Facebook
Old 12-31-2010, 07:00 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Yes there is going to be HUGE change in how the car handles and rides. If you have not done it, I would strongly suggest a better shock like a Bilstein Sport at this point as well.

Thanks...will order them Monday

Happy New Year..

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone upgrade to hyperco leaf springs?

Quick Reply: Anyone upgrade to hyperco leaf springs?