Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dry sump tank oil temp sensor wiring??

Old 01-12-2011, 10:21 PM
jkittleson
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dry sump tank oil temp sensor wiring??

Just put a Stage 3 ARE dry sump system in my C6 Corvette.

Does anyone know the color codes for the C6 oil temp / level sensor and where I can find a connector to connect it to the LS7 style oil temp sensor that screws in the bottom of the dry sump tank?

Also, how do you bypass the oil level sensor so it won't read low oil level?

Thanks
Old 01-13-2011, 09:50 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

When we dry sumped our C5 we extended the wiring for the oil temp switch and screwed it right into the bottom of the dry sump tank. Not sure what the sensor looks like for a C6 but it appeared to me that the C6Z and the C5 sensor were the same. Also I believe if you leave the oil level sensor unplugged you won't have a problem, the only time the light comes on is when the bobber drops and triggers the light. Disconnect it and tape it up. Although it may be different for the C6, I would try it disconnected first.

Pin-outs are as follows.

Part number for the oil temp sensor is 12608814, listed as a coolant temp sensor but it's the same thing. $31 list from GM or you can go with the Airtex/Wells #5S1475 and get it at a local parts store.
You'll also need the connector for the new sensor Delco part #PT374 / GM Part #12102747.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by 96CollectorSport; 01-13-2011 at 09:52 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dry sump tank oil temp sensor wiring??