Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for feed back on a hood (inside)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 04:58 AM
LSOHOLIC
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Looking for feed back on a hood (inside)

I'm in the market for a new hood and I'm looking at the heat extractor style. But without the raised cowl, just flush or true to the original lines. Here's a link to a thread I started in the general section;
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...d-choices.html

And having stated all that I'm leaning towards the C5 west C5R hood. Does anyone have any experiance with that perticular hood ?? Here are a few pics of it;

And here is it mounted;

And this is what it is suppost to resemble;

If I do purchase this hood it will be 100% functional and a little work will be done to the aft louvers to keep them completely on the hood and not flow on to the front fenders. It was originally built for a wide body kit but they (the vendor) say it is a direct bolt on replacement hood. It just comes non-functional for more customer flexability.
Thanks and looking forward to the responses...
Old 01-19-2011, 01:27 PM
LSOHOLIC
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey gentlemen, I'm looking for experiance or opinions reguarding the C5 west C5R hood. If it was trimmed to be functional (vents and louvers opened) would it be a great choice as far as function is concerned. For example, heat extraction and down force.

Thanks...
Old 01-20-2011, 11:17 AM
aggie_corvette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That hood would work fine. You don't need to open up the fender vents. I would not recommend cutting the slots that go in front of the radiator, all you need are the slots that line up with the vertical plane of the top of the radiator. That is unless you repositioned the radiator to vent/blow UP instead of the factory down.

For a C5 you could adapt the front NACA inlet ducts as a cold air inlet for your air filters. Although it might take allot of hose to direct it back to the filter location. Remember the C5R used those as inlets for its split (restricted) intake manifold

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for feed back on a hood (inside)

Quick Reply: Looking for feed back on a hood (inside)