Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

McBen Motorsports teams up with Pfadt Race Engineering for 2011 Campaign

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default [UPDATE] McBen Motorsports teams up with Pfadt Race Engineering for 2011 Campaign

Hey everyone!

As many of you know, we have always been serious about supporting grassroots racers, in any way we can. For 2011, one of the programs we are heavily involved in will be McBen Motorsport's NASA effort. Last year was the inaugural season for Pete McIntosh and McBen Motorsports, and their results were amazing. Read the press release below to find out whats coming up for this season!

We will keep everyone posted as to the progress made this season. Keep an eye out!

Last edited by Pfadt Racing; 04-25-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:54 AM
geerookie
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Aaron and Blair, we are looking forward to working with you guys and having another great year. I just wish all this cold and SNOW would go away
It got so cold I almost popped the freeze plugs on the motor. I usually store the car with about 10% - 20% antifreeze and when I checked it the rad was full of slush! I thought global warming was supposed to make it warmer?
See you in April.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:10 AM
mrc24x
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Very Cool! Sign up early for the April Mid Ohio event or you'll get shut out.

ST2 is looking better and better....
Old 01-24-2011, 07:02 PM
9707vette
Advanced

Default vendor support

It's great to see support from Pfadt for grass roots teams. Making the transition from a DE participant or occasional racer to a competitive race team is a major undertaking. Even with commitment it can be impossible to break into the ranks without support and guidance. I hope others will follow Pfadt, and the other vendors that support upstart teams. It's what builds the sport.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:18 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by geerookie
Thanks Aaron and Blair, we are looking forward to working with you guys and having another great year. I just wish all this cold and SNOW would go away
It got so cold I almost popped the freeze plugs on the motor. I usually store the car with about 10% - 20% antifreeze and when I checked it the rad was full of slush! I thought global warming was supposed to make it warmer?
See you in April.
Good Luck and have a winning and safe season! Every bit helps!
Old 01-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Gotumm415
Navigator

Looking Forward to a great season!!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:22 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Originally Posted by 9707vette
It's great to see support from Pfadt for grass roots teams. Making the transition from a DE participant or occasional racer to a competitive race team is a major undertaking. Even with commitment it can be impossible to break into the ranks without support and guidance. I hope others will follow Pfadt, and the other vendors that support upstart teams. It's what builds the sport.
Pfadt has always supported grassroots racing programs

Can't wait to see what this kid is made of
Old 02-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

We are really excited. The car is coming together as we speak. Great season ahead of us (for McBen)!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:38 PM
McBenMotorsports
Advanced

Yea it coming together pretty well... There is still a lot left to get done, but little by little!
Old 02-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

We will be sure to keep everyone up to date on the season!
Old 02-28-2011, 11:59 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing
We are really excited. The car is coming together as we speak. Great season ahead of us (for McBen)!
Wish I could say the same for my car
Old 04-25-2011, 04:50 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Here is the latest race footage from McBen Motorsports!

Old 04-25-2011, 05:18 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

RACE UPDATE

A lot has been done in the off-season, but after the dust had settled, and dyno runs were on record, Pete McIntosh and all of McBen Motorsports headed out to New Jersey Motorsports Park last weekend for this years first run. From Pete in another post in regards to the first outing of the year with this car:

"Yea this was the first time we got the car out this year. We completely tore the car apart this winter and replaced a bunch of components. There is still a ton of suspension tuning that well result in substantial gains. Also I ran about 100 lbs heavy this weekend so getting rid of that weight will def help wake the car up.

We installed a new set of the Pfadt Feather Lite Coilovers, as well as Pfadt sway bars and their spherical bearings during the off season. This weekend we just ran where it was set with no previous adjustment and no adjustments during the weekend, so we know there is a lot for us to gain there!!!"

The goal of this event for McBen was essentially a complete vehicle shakedown. Getting a good benchmark of where the car lies in a baseline config is very important so you can gauge where you can make progress and how much at any given time.

After the recent dyno runs netting 325hp and ~370ft-lbs, it is clear that everything was going as intended and there is some room for adjustment. McBen is running on a new tire this year, the Advans A005, and as a result of the entire trim they ran in, they had to run appx. 100lbs heavy for the races.

Saturday, the first time this car was on track, McBen ran into weather issues which yielded only 6 total laps and a small power steering problem. Sunday came however, and the entire package just started to work.

Pete piloted it to a ST2 victory as well as outperforming most of the ST1 class. In doing this, he also re-set the lap record at NJMP! Way to go PETE and McBen!

Stay tuned everyone for Pete McIntosh and McBen Motorsport's assault on the NASA northeast region! As you guys will see in the video above, Pete can certainly drive. So please look forward to more of that to come!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:37 AM
McBenMotorsports
Advanced

Thanks Aaron,

We are extremely pleased with the changes we have made this off seasons by installing your components. As the car is now (completely un-adjusted) it already feels great, and know that with a little bit of adjustment we could have a fantastic ST2 car. We will be sure to keep everyone posted as our year progresses.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:44 PM
ArmyBoyC5
Cruising

good luck guys wish i could help this season miss everyone keep driving strong and working hard youll make it
Old 06-23-2011, 04:56 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

New video just released from the McBen crew shows them dueling it out with a few of the cars on track at last weekends NASA June Jam at Road Atlanta!

Sounds like everyone had a blast at this event!

Get notified of new replies

To McBen Motorsports teams up with Pfadt Race Engineering for 2011 Campaign

Quick Reply: McBen Motorsports teams up with Pfadt Race Engineering for 2011 Campaign