Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sebring - Lou's GT2 Corvette run by Team FS66

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 03:33 PM
JEPopp
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Default Sebring - Lou's GT2 Corvette run by Team FS66

...Hot of the presses..

http://www.planetlemans.com/2011/01/...te-c6-in-ilmc/

Hopefully this will happen, and we'll have a 3rd Corvette racing at Sebring.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:43 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JEPopp
...Hot of the presses..

http://www.planetlemans.com/2011/01/...te-c6-in-ilmc/

Hopefully this will happen, and we'll have a 3rd Corvette racing at Sebring.
Actually it was reported a few days ago

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...iley-corvette/

Labra will also be running a C6.R (1st customer P&M C6.RZR1) for a total of 4 vettes at Sebring
Old 01-25-2011, 04:29 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

too bad it will be so difficult to watch. I'm attempting to have a party to watch the race on ESPN3, but I'm not optimistic it will work very well.........

I'll definitely be pulling for the non-factory Vettes this year!
Old 01-25-2011, 05:04 PM
shakedown067
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
too bad it will be so difficult to watch. I'm attempting to have a party to watch the race on ESPN3, but I'm not optimistic it will work very well.........

I'll be routing for them all. Would love to see a sweep of Corvettes on the podium.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:05 PM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer

WTF channel is ESPN3???
Old 01-25-2011, 05:13 PM
Bill32
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
WTF channel is ESPN3???
Yea, really ----sucks.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:11 PM
VGLNTE1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Glad I'll be there in person
Old 01-25-2011, 11:02 PM
jasonberkeley
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I've been screwing around with ESPN3.com since this announcement, and to be quite frank, it SUCKS. There is no way i'll watch Sebring like this, and there is no way i'm going to watch some BS summary after the fact. The ALMS is going to have NO fans or viewers left after this season
Old 01-25-2011, 11:12 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

hate we are drifting off topic....really glad Lou's Riley car is being campaigned....but who would continue to sponsor a serious ALMS effort with no decent TV coverage. I can't imagine either the streaming coverage or the reduced network coverage to catch many eyeballs. I for one DVR most races and often skip the "commercials", but I see almost every team sponsor.

I think the ALMS may have sold out to save on it's TV package, and may end up losing competitors in the end!
Old 01-25-2011, 11:40 PM
cebars
Pro

Jan 3/11
http://www.americanlemans.com/primar...cat=news|15452
Reasons for changes in broadcasting.

Jan 17/11
http://www.americanlemans.com/primar...cat=news|15465
Summary of above ALMS ON TV: ANSWERING THE 'WHY' with Scott Atherton from 1/17/11 release
1. 4 races on ABC 116 million potential viewers
2. 5 races on ESPN2 100 million potential viewers
3. ESPN3.com 65 million potential viewers by streaming video, ESPN3.com the fastest growing sports video website

UPDATE TO:
http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2011/...-on-espn3-com/
CORVETTEBLOGGER POLL:
Will You Be Able to Watch the ALMS Races on ESPN3.com?

* No (51%, 60 Votes)
* Yes (33%, 39 Votes)
* Not Sure (16%, 19 Votes)

Total Voters: 118

Update
ALMS President Scott Atherton held a teleconference with media to discuss the new deal. It was tweeted that Atherton admits the mixed fan response to the new deal and confirmed that the live race stream will be available on AmericanLemans.com. He also said that Canada will have access to the broadcast as well. ”

http://www.americanlemans.com/primar...=paddock|14290
THE ALMS, ABC AND ESPN - WHAT IT MEANS IN 2011

The ALMS continues to own/package and distribute its own international rights – the same as in past years. ALMS and its international partner Greenlight-TV are continuing to work on distribution agreements with a wide variety of international outlets around the world such as MotorsTV, Fox Latin American Networks, Fox Sports Net in Australia and Middle East, etc. Now that the ALMS’ domestic TV distribution agreement is in place, ALMS and Greenlight-TV are hard at work to finish agreements that can be either a) live and in their entirety, b) tape delayed post-produced 90-minute or two-hour race telecasts based on shows that air in the U.S. or c) customized highlight shows of varying lengths depending placement needs in markets or regions around the world. The most popular highlight program length is 60 minutes. Last year, ALMS highlight programs reached more than 600 million households around the world and that plan will continue via Greenlight-TV in 2011.

In addition Canada, despite its proximity to the US, is an international property, so an international rights agreement will be put in place as in prior year with a carrier in Canada.

MORE including FAQ's:
http://www.americanlemans.com/primar...=paddock|14291
THE `ABCs` OF THE ALMS ON TV IN 2011
FAQ question:
Q. I live in Canada. Can I get the races?
A. ABC is distributed in Canada and available to Canadians. ESPN2 is available in some locations. ESPN3.com, while not currently available in Canada, may be able to access via a variety of global web-based platforms such as ESPN360, ESPN Player or americanlemans.com. Additionally, ALMS is actively working on a separate international television rights agreements with a number of Canadian networks and/or distribution outlets and will confirm 2011 distribution plans prior to the start of the season in March.

This sucks. I need to get a VPN then I'll be able to get greenlight.tv and HULU, etc without the regulators in Canada screwing me over again and again.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:00 AM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

My wife and I went to the Petite Lemans at Rd Atl last year for the first time. We really enjoyed it and we plan on going back next year. I set up the DVR before we left, I have watched bits and pieces of the recording numerous times. Speed channels coverage was very good, I sure hate to hear about this change in coverage
I agree this can't be good for the series
Old 01-26-2011, 12:33 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

good to see lou's car will be out racing, hope it can outqualify the factory team, any idea what tires the private guys will be running?
Old 01-26-2011, 09:42 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No ESPN3 on my local cable line up. I have read people are able to watch through their Xbox? Can someone describe this? I don't want to have to buy an Xbox, but I was thinking about getting an internet ready surround system (with wi-fi) so I can stream movies to my TV. Would this be the same principal? If so, does anyone know how?
Old 01-26-2011, 12:11 PM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 95jersey
No ESPN3 on my local cable line up. I have read people are able to watch through their Xbox? Can someone describe this? I don't want to have to buy an Xbox, but I was thinking about getting an internet ready surround system (with wi-fi) so I can stream movies to my TV. Would this be the same principal? If so, does anyone know how?
ESPN3.com is a website. ESPN uses it to stream video over the internet. But...its not available to the general public. If your internet service provider is Comcast or Verizon, then you are probably in luck. There are others with access but I'm not sure which. You first go to the Comcast or Verizon website, log into it (if either is your service provider then you will have a username and password). I have Verizon. From the Verizon site there is a link to ESPN3.com. Once I log into Verizon and then click that link, I am able to see ESPN3's streaming videos. I recently watched a football game this way. It was ok but not great.

So theorectically any internet enabled device with a web browser and compatible video player could be used to watch. If you don't have a internet enabled tv or device like the Xbox, you could potentially use a laptop to output the video to your tv (via HDMI cable for example). I don't see why you couldn't record this for later playback (assuming your DVR can record from any video input) Or you can just watch on your laptop.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:17 PM
TLGunman
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dvandentop
good to see lou's car will be out racing, hope it can outqualify the factory team, any idea what tires the private guys will be running?
Looks like...

Old 01-26-2011, 12:27 PM
BAMbrick
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is great news for Lou! As well as for racefans, another vette on the track is welcomed with open arms

As far as ALMS's media deal....

SPEED broadcasts SUCKED last year... The only reason anyone is supporting them right now is because the current option currently sucks even more. If ALMS/ESPN3 can stream HD quality, then I will be a happy camper. However, I must admit I watched the full races of GT1 and GT3 Championships at my leisure on the cpu and it wasnt as bad as people think.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:15 PM
cebars
Pro

Do Lou and the other privateer get same Michelin tires as Corvette Racing?

Get notified of new replies

To Sebring - Lou's GT2 Corvette run by Team FS66

Old 01-26-2011, 01:58 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by argonaut
ESPN3.com is a website. ESPN uses it to stream video over the internet. But...its not available to the general public. If your internet service provider is Comcast or Verizon, then you are probably in luck. There are others with access but I'm not sure which. You first go to the Comcast or Verizon website, log into it (if either is your service provider then you will have a username and password). I have Verizon. From the Verizon site there is a link to ESPN3.com. Once I log into Verizon and then click that link, I am able to see ESPN3's streaming videos. I recently watched a football game this way. It was ok but not great.

So theorectically any internet enabled device with a web browser and compatible video player could be used to watch. If you don't have a internet enabled tv or device like the Xbox, you could potentially use a laptop to output the video to your tv (via HDMI cable for example). I don't see why you couldn't record this for later playback (assuming your DVR can record from any video input) Or you can just watch on your laptop.
Thanks for the explanation! I don't have an internet enabled TV or device like Xb0x other than a laptop, but it is older laptop with no HDMI. It would just have an auxillary jack that you would use to hook up to a projecter (like old RS232). So I would have video but no sound and that sucks. I have been wanting a new surround with wi-fi built in and this might be the reason to finally buy it.

How can we miss the full 12 hours of Sebring...been watching for 15 years now.

Also, I am looking at SOny digital surround receiver with wifi internet ready, would it work? Or do I NEED an XBOX or PC with HDMI??

Last edited by 95jersey; 01-26-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:26 PM
OCCOMSRAZOR
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95jersey
Thanks for the explanation! I don't have an internet enabled TV or device like Xb0x other than a laptop, but it is older laptop with no HDMI. It would just have an auxillary jack that you would use to hook up to a projecter (like old RS232). So I would have video but no sound and that sucks. I have been wanting a new surround with wi-fi built in and this might be the reason to finally buy it.

How can we miss the full 12 hours of Sebring...been watching for 15 years now.

Also, I am looking at SOny digital surround receiver with wifi internet ready, would it work? Or do I NEED an XBOX or PC with HDMI??
If you have a wireless network in your home, you can purchase one of the new Bluray's that are internet enabled. Just hook it into your tv, set the wifi up for your home network and connect to the internet. You can then stream internet videos, youtube, Netflix, Hulu etc.

Cool technology which will make the cable box and DVR obsolete.

BTW: Glad to see privateer Corvettes racing against the factory teams!!
Old 01-26-2011, 02:53 PM
shakedown067
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by OCCOMSRAZOR
BTW: Glad to see privateer Corvettes racing with Michelin tires against the factory teams!!
FIXED!

Quick Reply: Sebring - Lou's GT2 Corvette run by Team FS66