Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sebring Track Day Pics Sunday Jan 23rd

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 10:18 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Default Sebring Track Day Pics Sunday Jan 23rd

Had an awesom track day at Sebring. Thanks to Jim (Jdillon) as my coach for the day. Helped me have some great runs following his lines...
morning started out with Ice on the Vette, first time my car has ever seen ice in almost 5 years

Last edited by mcandrew67; 01-26-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:28 AM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds like a blast and your Z looks amazing!

Off question....
How do you like that new Grand Cherokee? I've been eye balling them hard and even test drove one and was pretty impressed with the ride and more so the interior. For the money it gives you BMW interior compared to Malibu interior in the Tahoe which cost $10k more. How did it do towing too?
Old 01-26-2011, 10:32 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by LEAVINU
Sounds like a blast and your Z looks amazing!

Off question....
How do you like that new Grand Cherokee? I've been eye balling them hard and even test drove one and was pretty impressed with the ride and more so the interior. For the money it gives you BMW interior compared to Malibu interior in the Tahoe which cost $10k more. How did it do towing too?
Thanks, it's actually an LS2 with widebody n stuff....
Love the Cherokee, comfortable and yes love the interior. I got the V6 and it towed great, cruised at 65-70 no problems. I was looking at Suv's that cost over $10,000 more and preferred this hands down.
David
Old 01-26-2011, 12:20 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
Thanks, it's actually an LS2 with widebody n stuff....
Love the Cherokee, comfortable and yes love the interior. I got the V6 and it towed great, cruised at 65-70 no problems. I was looking at Suv's that cost over $10,000 more and preferred this hands down.
David

In that case I like your LS2 even better then. Can you share engine mods? How did all the temps look throughout the day?

Surprised the V6 pulled that well. How far was your drive to the track? I'm considering the Hemi purely b/c my dad has always been a Hemi man and it'd be a disgrace not to get it just for his liking. I looked at a LTZ Tahoe and it was mid 50's while the GC I test drove was high 30/low 40 range and it wasn't even a contest on build quality. Only thing the Tahoe has over the GC is the 3rd row but I'm not one to need that much seating.

By the way, what hood is that? Looks sharp!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:49 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by LEAVINU
In that case I like your LS2 even better then. Can you share engine mods? How did all the temps look throughout the day?

Surprised the V6 pulled that well. How far was your drive to the track? I'm considering the Hemi purely b/c my dad has always been a Hemi man and it'd be a disgrace not to get it just for his liking. I looked at a LTZ Tahoe and it was mid 50's while the GC I test drove was high 30/low 40 range and it wasn't even a contest on build quality. Only thing the Tahoe has over the GC is the 3rd row but I'm not one to need that much seating.

By the way, what hood is that? Looks sharp!
Drive was about 2.5 hours. I paid $36k out the door on the Grand Cherokee.
Temps were good because I fixed the issues after previous track days. Installed a Dewitts radiator with oil cooler then a separate B&M transmission cooler.
The hood is RK Sport Carbon Fiber Violator hood with heat extractors.
I have Long tube headers with high flow cats, 160* stat, MSD coils and wires, Halltech CAI with Beehive, Naca duct was opened up, bottom of air intake area opened up, Dyno tuned by Torq, Corsa sport exhaust.
Going to go in for heads and a custom grind cam at some point.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:18 PM
LeMans05C6
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sexy looking car you have there. I have an LS2 and i did it in reverse, out of necessity unfortunately. I have an LS2 with a 403ci motor now and all the power mods for the track, now i need the look of a racecar like you have.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:31 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 295 Likes on 76 Posts

Dave, great day at Sebring! You did a great job, worked your way up to really nice lap times. You got smoother and faster as the day went on, good job! We just need some brakes now and we will really have it made. Keep up the good work! and you will be solo'ing next time out. JD

Get notified of new replies

To Sebring Track Day Pics Sunday Jan 23rd

Quick Reply: Sebring Track Day Pics Sunday Jan 23rd