Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about loading a Corvette into a Haulmark Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 05:53 PM
Hercules Rockefeller
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question about loading a Corvette into a Haulmark Trailer

I recently acquired a 31' two-car Haulmark trailer in a trade. I've never used a trailer to get my car to the track, but the deal on this one was too good to pass up. Anyway, I was wondering if I can just lower the door and drive the car (C6 Z06) up into the trailer, or do you need to reinforce the trailer door before driving the car on it? The rear door of the trailer hinges at the bottom, but I have no idea how much weight it can hold.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:05 PM
SDF
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Should be able to drive it right in! Does your ramp door have an extension that folds out from the end? These are usually a foot or two in length. If not, your car may drag as the angle could be too steep. Hope this helps.............
Old 01-28-2011, 07:12 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

you may need a few boards to trim out the angle...and maybe jack the nose of the trailer up some (keep it attached to your truck though). But the door is absolutely designed to be driven up.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:30 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

yeah just flip down the flap and should have no problems driving on it
Old 01-29-2011, 11:14 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
you may need a few boards to trim out the angle...and maybe jack the nose of the trailer up some (keep it attached to your truck though). But the door is absolutely designed to be driven up.
The door is strong enough to support the car as you drive over it. If the front air dam hits the short flip-up aluminum ramp, just get some 3' long pieces of 2x12 to place under the ramp. Cut an angle at one end of the boards to help the tires up onto the boards.

Some people will carry ramps for raising the rear wheels of the truck which effectively changes the angle of the trailer deck and the ramp in order to provide more clearance, but I believe it's easier (and safer) to change the rear door angle with boards.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

[QUOTE=c4cruiser;1576647096...just get some 3' long pieces of 2x12 to place under the ramp. Cut an angle at one end of the boards to help the tires up onto the boards...[/QUOTE]

when the tires pop up on the 2x12's the spoiler pops up to avoid scrapping. use these or have the PN's of the front spoiler handy
Old 01-30-2011, 01:22 AM
Hercules Rockefeller
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Worked great guys, thanks! And the 2 2x12's worked well too!

Drove my trailer, with vette, to Buttonwillow, smashed my previous lap record (drove a 1:58.3), packed everything up and trailered it all back home. Trailer is great!

Get notified of new replies

To Question about loading a Corvette into a Haulmark Trailer

Quick Reply: Question about loading a Corvette into a Haulmark Trailer