Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which photograph was your favorite?
Photograph #1
44.74%
Photograph #2
23.68%
Photograph #3
15.79%
None of the above.
15.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Callaway LM race car pics - which is your favorite?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 11:00 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Callaway LM race car pics - which is your favorite?

A friend of mine, Richard Prince, took some great photographs of the Callaway LM. Which one is your favorite? <links below>

Photo #1
Photo #2
Photo #3

Cheers,

Lance
Old 01-30-2011, 12:19 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

more pics
Old 01-30-2011, 12:39 AM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Great pics - very dramatic! Were these taken inside your new venue?
Old 01-30-2011, 07:06 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

pics of the car ON the race track would be nice.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:20 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
pics of the car ON the race track would be nice.
I've got plenty of those photographs! However I plan on capturing a lot more with me at the wheel

Lance
Old 01-30-2011, 01:14 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Lance, my favorite would be the one with me strapped into the seat while wearing Nomex and a helmet snapped just before I was about to pull out onto Road America...think "we" could make that happen?
Howard N
Old 01-30-2011, 04:50 PM
bobmoore2
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope your friend is NOT hoping to sell those three photos.

The main subject (the car) is way too small in photos 2 and 3. In all three photos, it is very hard to see the shape of the car, because he placed a black car in front of a black background. Then as one moves a little farther from the car, the background is full of brightly colored, garish distractions. In a great photo, the viewer should hardly even notice the background, and he should clearly see the main subject.

I guess some may call them 'dramatic' or even artistic (I wouldn't), but they will never sell.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:36 PM
lusospeed
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bobmoore2
I hope your friend is NOT hoping to sell those three photos.

The main subject (the car) is way too small in photos 2 and 3. In all three photos, it is very hard to see the shape of the car, because he placed a black car in front of a black background. Then as one moves a little farther from the car, the background is full of brightly colored, garish distractions. In a great photo, the viewer should hardly even notice the background, and he should clearly see the main subject.

I guess some may call them 'dramatic' or even artistic (I wouldn't), but they will never sell.
Hi Bob,

I just read your post, and I must admit, I find it rather amusing. I could take what you posted with a larger lump of salt if you chose to add in there, somewhere, the phrase "in my opinion". For your information, those photos were shot for an upcoming magazine feature, so in essence, they don't need to be sold because they were sold before they were even shot.

Secondly, I'm not sure if you happen to know who Richard Prince is. All the official photos that you see of the Corvette Racing team come from Richard. Also the same for the Cadillac racing program, and when that was active, the Pontiac program. With the Corvette Racing program, he has been working with GM since the programs inception, actually before it even put a car on the track. And that is just when it comes to anything GM or Corvette. Add in all the production car work he has also done for a number of manufacturers.

He has an extensive list of magazines that he has worked for over the years. If you ever purchased any Corvette magazines over the years, you will have seen his work, both photographically and editorially. Pick up any issue of Corvette magazine and you see him listed. He didn't get there, or with GM, by being clueless when it comes to photography.

I doubt very much that your criticisms actually hold any water. Clearly you understand absolutely nothing about photography so when posting such an authoritative post and coming across as an expert, you could back up those criticisms with some of your own work. Otherwise, the inclusion of "in my opinion" somewhere in your post would go a long way.

Cheers
Old 01-30-2011, 07:14 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

No need for a debate... Yes, Richard has a true talent - nobody can say anything different. His work speaks for itself. This photo shoot was mainly done in the middle of the night with NO lights - excluding his flash. I personally love the photographs, however I understand artwork/photography can go either way (everyone has an opinion). Mine is really quite simple - I love 'em all. But heck, it's my car!

Life is good (like the pics or not),

Lance
Old 01-30-2011, 10:15 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 710 Likes on 491 Posts

I agree, on track would be better....or at least in better light. None show the car very well!
Old 01-31-2011, 12:23 AM
vettehardt
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

If I had to choose one of those three it would be #1, but I don't like any of them though because of what bobmoore2 said. The pictures are too dark and you can't see the car very well. I like #1 the best because the car is the focus. If it had a lighter background I would be very good. Maybe the photographer can use photoshop to lighten the background a little and bring the cars features out more.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:52 PM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Lance, it's a beautiful car and great addition to your collection - congrats!
Old 02-02-2011, 10:40 PM
bobmoore2
Drifting

Originally Posted by racelance
No need for a debate... Yes, Richard has a true talent - nobody can say anything different. His work speaks for itself. This photo shoot was mainly done in the middle of the night with NO lights - excluding his flash. I personally love the photographs, however I understand artwork/photography can go either way (everyone has an opinion). Mine is really quite simple - I love 'em all. But heck, it's my car!

Life is good (like the pics or not),

Lance
I love the car! Hate the photos of the car. Considering what Richard Prince had to work with (a bad location with terrible lighting), the photos turned out remarkably well.

Lance, you need to give Richard a much better location and a little more time to shoot the car, and then you will see some GREAT pictures.

Excuse me. I forgot something important. "in my opinion"

Last edited by bobmoore2; 02-02-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:51 PM
cebars
Pro

Originally Posted by lusospeed
Hi Bob,

I just read your post, and I must admit, I find it rather amusing. I could take what you posted with a larger lump of salt if you chose to add in there, somewhere, the phrase "in my opinion". For your information, those photos were shot for an upcoming magazine feature, so in essence, they don't need to be sold because they were sold before they were even shot.

Secondly, I'm not sure if you happen to know who Richard Prince is. All the official photos that you see of the Corvette Racing team come from Richard. Also the same for the Cadillac racing program, and when that was active, the Pontiac program. With the Corvette Racing program, he has been working with GM since the programs inception, actually before it even put a car on the track. And that is just when it comes to anything GM or Corvette. Add in all the production car work he has also done for a number of manufacturers.

He has an extensive list of magazines that he has worked for over the years. If you ever purchased any Corvette magazines over the years, you will have seen his work, both photographically and editorially. Pick up any issue of Corvette magazine and you see him listed. He didn't get there, or with GM, by being clueless when it comes to photography.

I doubt very much that your criticisms actually hold any water. Clearly you understand absolutely nothing about photography so when posting such an authoritative post and coming across as an expert, you could back up those criticisms with some of your own work. Otherwise, the inclusion of "in my opinion" somewhere in your post would go a long way.

Cheers
Richard Prince is a generous guy and a real talent. Anyone who has had anything to do with him knows that he does business straight up.

Anybody interested in seeing some of his portfolio, go to http://www.rprincephoto.com/

Last edited by cebars; 02-02-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Callaway LM race car pics - which is your favorite?

Quick Reply: Callaway LM race car pics - which is your favorite?