Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG Motorsports and Lou Gigliotti to compete in 2011 Redline Pro Track Challenge!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 12:59 PM
MrTimeAttack
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LG Motorsports and Lou Gigliotti to compete in 2011 Redline Pro Track Challenge!

We wanted to start a thread to let all of you know that Lou Gigliotti will be competing in the 2011 Redline Pro Track Challenge!

You can find the team's profile page here:

http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/?p=1099

We're very happy to have Lou and his team be one of the 16 teams chosen for the inaugural season!

Fans of LG Motorsports and the Pro Track Challenge will be able to catch all of the action on our new TV show, "Circuit Battles", airing on Versus. The first episode airs March 26th at 2pm EST.

The first event of the year is at Willow Springs International Raceway the weekend of March 5th & 6th.

I'll get ahold of Lou and have him post in this thread so he can communicate with all of you about the upcoming season!
Old 02-02-2011, 01:19 PM
shakedown067
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Well, that sounds like fun! Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Speed Direct
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 80 Likes on 43 Posts

That sounds pretty cool. I wish Lou success. So what does it take to be a competitor and what are the rules? Can the rule book be downloaded?
Old 02-03-2011, 05:42 PM
MrTimeAttack
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Speed Direct
That sounds pretty cool. I wish Lou success. So what does it take to be a competitor and what are the rules? Can the rule book be downloaded?
You can find a link to our 2011 Redline Track Events rule book here:

http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/?page_id=275

There are no published rules at this time for the Pro Track Challenge. The teams we have chosen for this first season have all been explained how the series will work, and have all agreed to come on board. I anticipate the rules/policies for the PTC will be distributed to the teams just before the start of the season.

We are capping the number of entries for this first season at 16 teams, and keeping the same 16 teams all season, for all 10 events. This allows us to build the following for each of the drivers/teams, develop the characters via the TV show and have repeatable and relevant, season long story-lines. We'll unfold and display the very real drama that exists in motorsports. "Real" reality so to speak! ;-)
Old 02-03-2011, 05:53 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Direct
Well if this is any indication from what LG has listed

Corvette C6 specs:

LS3 Engine with LG X series cam

6.2 liters

550 hp

EMCO Sequential transmission

EMCO custom axles

3 disc carbon clutch using custom LG Flywheel

Single stage LG Diff cooler and mechanical pump

LG Super Pro custom side pipe headers

LG Super Ram Carbon cold air intake

Bosch engine management

PFC Brake package and pads

LG Drop spindles

LG Spherical A arm bearings

Spindle ducts

LGM Louvered Hood

LG GT2 Wing

Forgeline Wheels 12×18 front, 13.5×18 rear

Pirelli tires

cubic dollars
Old 02-03-2011, 06:55 PM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

****. That's a lot of car for an 'inaugural season'
Old 02-03-2011, 07:43 PM
tommie
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

very cool
Old 02-03-2011, 07:51 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Hi guys,

I am using my Grand Am car because it is already built and I won't have to spend any more money on it.
The Grand Am budget has to be over $750,000 to even compete, and we are not prepared with any well funded customers with that kind of money. SO, rather than let the car sit idle (like an un-rented apartment), I am going to drive it.

The car only needs a couple things done to make it competitive. The new Grand AM rules call for LS3 engines, so we will build one for this series just in case we get a chance to run GA in addition to these races.
Our focus will be on this series. The target is to have the cars capable of doing no better than a 1:23.xx lap time at Willow Springs. A current World Challenge car on the new Pirelli tires will do that time.

Also, Keep in mind also that these are 2 lap shoot outs which will require first lap savvy that a driver learns from starting so many races. Cold tires on the first lap and just slightly warm tires on the second lap will require some car control.

The series said that they would not allow any "Crash and pass" moves. That should keep the body repairs down.

At any rate, this is a new format, made for TV but still racing. We get to change out our wing and hood from what the Grand AM requires, and put our own LGM Louvered hood and GT2 wind, so it will have more like World Challenge down force.

All in all, it will be something new, more like Pinks for road racing.

ALSO, the organizers have agreed to let us have some free passes for any of our Corvette friends to come to the events.

CHECK on the Schedule and see if there is a race that you can attend and we can get the Corvette forum members some free passes.

I will have anthony post up a link that we can sign Forum members up for the passes. Sounds like fun to me.

Thanks guys

See you at the races.

Lou Gigliotti

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 02-03-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:17 PM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Awesome Lou! Our T1 cars are currenty running in the :27's at WSIR with :26's in sight, you guys should be looking real good for :23's! I look forward to catching the CA races if they don't conflict with my schedule!
Old 02-03-2011, 09:00 PM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Very nice LOU!!!!! I've run with RTA for a few seasons, and its going to be nice to see a "pro racing" team come with a car they've used in another series. I wish you the BEST of luck, and I have a feeling you all will show other teams just how its done.

Get notified of new replies

To LG Motorsports and Lou Gigliotti to compete in 2011 Redline Pro Track Challenge!

Quick Reply: LG Motorsports and Lou Gigliotti to compete in 2011 Redline Pro Track Challenge!