Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings from snowy Dallas??

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 12:17 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Default Greetings from snowy Dallas??

Hey guys,

Don't see this every day around here (even though I grew up with it), measuered 7" at the house and between 4-5.5" here at the shop today.

Just in time for the Super Bowl!
Old 02-04-2011, 12:28 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Any car testing today? Should I mail a snow shovel down there? You probably don't even have them there.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:59 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Hey Anthony, did you see the ariel view of the Corvette stuck on the exit ramp shown earlier on Channel 5? What were they thinking In fact, what were ANY of these people out sliding around in the DFW area today thinking when they left home?

Last edited by 63Corvette; 02-04-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:19 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by John Shiels
Any car testing today? Should I mail a snow shovel down there? You probably don't even have them there.
You know...I gave mine away when I moved down here from Indiana....the neighbors moved here from Colorado by my house so we all laugh about it. Everyone else is going nuts.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:20 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 63Corvette
Hey Anthony, did you see the ariel view of the Corvette stuck on the exit ramp shown earlier on Channel 5? What were they thinking In fact, what were ANY of these people out sliding around in the DFW area today thinking when they left home?
I did see that. I didn't have any problem with the Z0 last year when we got hit, but I've driven in it before. Biggest issue this year is the 1-2" of ice on the road...I think the snow made it easier to drive on.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:32 PM
CorvetteZ51Racer
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
I did see that. I didn't have any problem with the Z0 last year when we got hit, but I've driven in it before. Biggest issue this year is the 1-2" of ice on the road...I think the snow made it easier to drive on.
Yeah, we didn't get any of the snow down here in Houston, just the ice. It's a MESS down here. Of course, we don't have any salting or sanding equipment either.

One of my friends once told me "If the ground shakes or Home Depot sells snowblowers, I'm not going to live there".
Old 02-04-2011, 09:20 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Ya THIS one Anthony... This one
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/020...pery-situation
Old 02-04-2011, 10:06 PM
0MomentumAutosports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, it wasnt that bad today, the snow was grippy compared to the ice! But tonight is gonna be out of control.. all that snow melted, and is icing as we speak..

Not sure if you gents can see that or not!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:01 AM
TJM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
You know...I gave mine away when I moved down here from Indiana....the neighbors moved here from Colorado by my house so we all laugh about it. Everyone else is going nuts.
You ought to experience Atlanta when this happens.....

and 80% are Yankees.......

TJM
Old 02-05-2011, 09:40 AM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MomentumAutosports
Yea, it wasnt that bad today, the snow was grippy compared to the ice! But tonight is gonna be out of control.. all that snow melted, and is icing as we speak..

Not sure if you gents can see that or not!
I think it was the worst this morning.....sunny and bright so it's like a white out and the ice now has a thin film of water on top of it, making it glass smooth.

Felt like a sprint car on the way to work this morning.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:19 PM
40YRW8
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Anthony,
That is nothing. My brother and I flew from Tucson to Nashville the middle of January, 2007. Weather was perfect for my Museum Delivery.
The next day, we headed West on I 40/I 30. That evening, we stopped just east of Dallas. Coming in to the Dallas area we watched the outside temp guage drop 31 degrees in 18 minutes. When we got up the next morning, the temp was 30 degrees but it was raining like crazy. We headed out and before we even got to Abiline, it all froze. We limped the car into a parking lot to eat breakfast and I swear, I couldn't hardly stand up. At one point I had to stop trying to walk and stand still but I started sliding as soon as a little wind blew. We creeped West for about 480 miles and I only got squirrely once when I tried to change lanes on a bridge. Between Abiline and our friends house in Midland, we saw 14 badly wrecked semi's. All were coming east and left good weather to suddenly hit the frozen rain. When we parked the car in the garage in Midland I had 6 inch ice sicles hanging from my outside mirrors but instead of hanging down, they were pointing straight back. In the morning, we couldn't get up the on ramps to the cross-town freeway so we had to drive the surface streets to the west of town to find an on ramp that wasn't up hill. What a nightmare! I must admit, though, after all I had read about the Z, it was much more controllable than I expected. I would love to pay you guys a visit if you can guarantee no freezing rain
Gary
Old 02-11-2011, 10:36 AM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 40YRW8
Anthony,
That is nothing. My brother and I flew from Tucson to Nashville the middle of January, 2007. Weather was perfect for my Museum Delivery.
The next day, we headed West on I 40/I 30. That evening, we stopped just east of Dallas. Coming in to the Dallas area we watched the outside temp guage drop 31 degrees in 18 minutes. When we got up the next morning, the temp was 30 degrees but it was raining like crazy. We headed out and before we even got to Abiline, it all froze. We limped the car into a parking lot to eat breakfast and I swear, I couldn't hardly stand up. At one point I had to stop trying to walk and stand still but I started sliding as soon as a little wind blew. We creeped West for about 480 miles and I only got squirrely once when I tried to change lanes on a bridge. Between Abiline and our friends house in Midland, we saw 14 badly wrecked semi's. All were coming east and left good weather to suddenly hit the frozen rain. When we parked the car in the garage in Midland I had 6 inch ice sicles hanging from my outside mirrors but instead of hanging down, they were pointing straight back. In the morning, we couldn't get up the on ramps to the cross-town freeway so we had to drive the surface streets to the west of town to find an on ramp that wasn't up hill. What a nightmare! I must admit, though, after all I had read about the Z, it was much more controllable than I expected. I would love to pay you guys a visit if you can guarantee no freezing rain
Gary
Growing up in the midwest, this is light compared to the stuff I grew up with, but the ice down here is nuts. At least at home we had snow to give us some traction!

I hope we are done with it now, we are suppose to be in the 70's by Sunday so come on over!

Get notified of new replies

To Greetings from snowy Dallas??

Quick Reply: Greetings from snowy Dallas??