Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM belt receptacle for race seat?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 04:42 PM
BoosterClub
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OEM belt receptacle for race seat?

I don't like reusing the OEM front receptacles when using an OEM belt because they are usually not long enough or flexible enough. I usually use a receptacle from a car of the same make that has a back seat. These are usually just seat belt webbing on a small bracket with a receptacle and canbe bolted to the mounts and run through the lap belt opening.

Has anyone done this or anyone with other chevy/gm cars with backseats can you maybe check to see if the buckle/receptacle is the same shape and measure the length of the belt material from hole to beginning of receptacle?

And to nip something in the butt I saw a lot of discussion while searching this topic about people saying using the oem belt is dangerous with a race seat. It is not. So long as the lap belt is run through the lap belt holes and as a result properly set on your pelvis it is no different then a regular seat with exception of the pretensioner. So lets not discuss that.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:01 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

I'll check on my Yukon to see if it matches a C5. I know you can't do this on a C6, as they have "explosive" seat belts, and the belt receptor actually tightens upon impact/airbag deployment. It seems to be a unique fitting thus far.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:06 PM
BoosterClub
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
I'll check on my Yukon to see if it matches a C5. I know you can't do this on a C6, as they have "explosive" seat belts, and the belt receptor actually tightens upon impact/airbag deployment. It seems to be a unique fitting thus far.
I have a C6 though. The c5 didn't have a pretensioner? (that's the explosive thing)

As far as I know, at least for other makes I have dealt with, the buckle is the same for the front seats with pretensioners and the rears without. Though sometimes one of the rears is different to prevent people from buckling into the wrong buckle.

Get notified of new replies

To OEM belt receptacle for race seat?

Quick Reply: OEM belt receptacle for race seat?