Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 WDCR SCCA PDX/HPDE/Time Trials

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 10:58 AM
TravisD
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2011 WDCR SCCA PDX/HPDE/Time Trials

The Washington DC Region SCCA has announced it's 2011 PDX/Time Trials calendar. For those unaware, PDX is basically HPDE - a mixture of classroom and on-track instruction (although for advanced students, in-car instructors are optional, but always available)

Unfortunately, our schedule is pretty limited this year. Getting dates at Summit Point is always a challenge it seems.

The first event of the year is March 12-13 and will be on Summit Point Main. Saturday is PDX-only. Sunday will be a split PDX/Track Trials (Level 3) day.

In general, our events are not full. It is unlikely that there will be more than 20 cars on-track at any given time. We really strive to maximize on-track time for all participants - it's HIGHLY unlikely that you will leave thinking "damn, I wish there had been more track time"

Our Time Trial format is a blast as well. Instead of running it as "open track time with transponders", we release usually 4 cars at intervals for 3 timed "hot" laps. While passing is permitted if there's a catch-up, we try and order cars by time to minimize these. The total number of runs is determined by the number of entrants - we'll keep running thru the grid in ~4 car groups until we run out of time in the session. Note that events on Summit Point Main require the slightly higher "Track Trials" (Level 3) preparation. In the past we've run Level 2 "Club Trials" on Shenandoah which don't require as much prep.

Summit Point Circuit (12-13 March 2011, 24-25 Sept 2011)
PDX (Saturday only) - $275
PDX (Sunday only ) - $150
PDX (Sat and Sun) - $375
Track Trials (Sunday only) - $210
Track Trials and Sunday PDX - $300
Track Trials and 2-day PDX - $400

Shenandoah Circuit (02 Apr 2011)
PDX Instructor Clinic (Saturday only) - $100 - INVITATION ONLY
(Basically we'll be opening up to Advanced/Solo students since the instructor pool will be tied up with their sessions)

Shenandoah Circuit (** Now August 6th **)
PDX (Saturday only) - $250
Information and registration links are always available at our web site:

http://wdcr-scca.org/TrackDaysTrials...9/Default.aspx

If you have any questions, PM me here or e-mail travisd at tubas dot net (or post openly of course).

Also, we have a very popular worker incentive program. Work 3, get 1 entry free. That means days - so one 2-day event and a single day earns you a free entry. We also allow transfers, so if you have a willing spouse who's willing to flag, bring 'em along...

Last edited by TravisD; 04-20-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:42 AM
JiminVirginia
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in for March 12.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:28 PM
mjdrebano
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I've never done a scca pdx would I have to start in beginner group? I've been on track on and off for 10 years. Last year I went through nasas instructor clinic and have instructed twice now only on sp main. Will check rides be done?
is there less track time if I were to do pdx only on sunday?
are advanced students allowed to have passengers ride while on track?
If I attend this pdx in march would it be possible to do a track trial my next event?

Thanks
Old 02-22-2011, 12:50 PM
TravisD
Burning Brakes

If you have experience, I can put you in touch with our Chief Instructor who makes those decisions. Worst case, we might put an instuctor in your car just at first to make sure you know your way around. There's noting that prohibits someone from going "solo" regardless of experience with our program. (Note, we do err on the side of caution there, but to be clear, there's no rule that prohibits it, so we are free to put drivers where it makes the most sense).

Yes, the PDX on Sunday has slightly less track time - this is reflected in the reduced price. I haven't pulled up the schedule, but it's basically one session. And that may not even bee reduced by much if there aren't many Track Trialers.

And a tentative yes - if you show up with the skills, there's no reason why you couldn't do a TT at the next one. Again, if you have a driving resume and can demonstrate the skills needed to be there, there's nothing in our regs that prohibits a fast-track to TT. Best thing is to drop me a line privately and I can put you in touch with our Chief Instructor.

We also have an instructor's clinic on Shenandoah coming up early April if you're interested in instructing with us.

-travis
Old 02-22-2011, 09:59 PM
C5inWV
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm in for the 12-13th
Old 02-24-2011, 02:00 PM
TravisD
Burning Brakes

Wonderful!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:22 PM
TravisD
Burning Brakes

Anyone on the fence, registration closes Monday night.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:14 PM
TravisD
Burning Brakes

Summit Point double booked, so our July 30th event is now moved to August 6th. We're also looking to see if anyone is interested in running a Level 2 "Club Trial" event on the same day.

Get notified of new replies

To 2011 WDCR SCCA PDX/HPDE/Time Trials

Quick Reply: 2011 WDCR SCCA PDX/HPDE/Time Trials