Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivetrain fun :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 11:23 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Drivetrain fun :)

I posted this in the tech, but Im feeling I may get more feedback in this section.

Basically I need to put in a new slave and might as well do a new clutch and flywheel and anything else needed.

I know I want a Fidanza aluminum flywheel hands down. What clutches can I use that with? LS7's is cheap and can handle the power but I want the lightest possible setup, what do you guys recommend for track use and street use? I dont care about driveability cause I can get use to it lol.

I'll do a remote bleeder, but the tick master can wait IF I dont need a lift and its simiple.

I found a clutch kit(if its not sold already), its a Fidanza twin disk 6.5 w/flywheel for $850(maybe take a lower offer to sell faster).

Like I said above, Im looking for the lightest complete assembly tht can handle up to 550(enough for road racing). I would do those racing clutchs but you cant slip thm cause you eliminate the flywheel or something? Some on ere had a setup weighing 14lbs but you cant slip them.

Any other little parts I should get ?

Thanks or any help
Old 02-22-2011, 12:44 AM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Wow Im surprised to see no replies lol, I thought this woulda been more popular over here..well here's a bump
Old 02-22-2011, 07:27 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

you CAN slip a Quartermaster clutch, but it will wear quicker. ANY clutch will. I doubt there is a huge difference between the weight of most clutches themselves.....relative to the flywheel.

For the record, in a racing clutch, you eliminate the big heavy OEM flywheel, replace it with the starter ring from and automatic (flex plate), and the new clutch has a small "button" flywheel. The clutches are small, but you get 3x of them.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:44 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

I recognize your avatar now, Your the member who had like a 14lb clutch assembly(I cant find the thread). I think you said something about not being able to slip the assembly tat has a flexplte.
I may just go with Fidanza's single Kevlar disk unless the twin disk is much better for my application.

Im gonna try to find the weight of the Kevlar clutch.

Get notified of new replies

To Drivetrain fun :)

Quick Reply: Drivetrain fun :)