Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Corvette Runnning World Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 02:50 PM
DaBullish1
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Corvette Runnning World Challenge

Not sure if this is public yet. Nice to see more Corvette's in road racing. Especially with sponsors like Hawk Pads who have a product that many forum members use.

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

By CRP Racing

CRP Racing Fields Two Car Team in World Challenge GT, Signing Patrick Lindsey To Pilot Hawk Performance Sponsored Corvette

Harrisburg, NC (February 21, 2011) – CRP Racing adds a second car to its Corvette stable, signing Patrick Lindsey, of Santa Barbara, CA, to pilot the No. “12” Hawk Performance sponsored C6 Chevrolet Corvette for the 2011 World Challenge GT season.

Patrick Lindsey made his World Challenge Touring Car debut at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in 2007. After two years in Touring Car, 2010 found Lindsey run a successful partial season in World Challenge Grand Touring, starting nine races and finishing in the top five 7 times, with two podiums. Lindsey also received the MTM Special Ops Watch "Move of the Race" at the Toronto Grand Prix.

“I couldn’t be more excited about the opportunity to get behind the wheel of the #12 Hawk Performance/CRP Racing Corvette,” says Lindsey. “I was impressed by CRP’s success last year and I am confident we will build on that success in 2011. Hawk is a motorsports icon. I look forward to the chance to represent Hawk on the track, showcasing how their outstanding product can inspire confidence in every corner.” Regarding his new teammate, Mike Skeen, Lindsey says, “I was really impressed with Mike’s drive at Mid-Ohio last year, as was everyone. There is no doubt that we will help push each other to get to the podium. I just hope we have enough quarters for the laundry…champagne is tough to clean!”

CRP Racing owner, Nick Short, believes Patrick is the perfect fit to complete the team. “We’re thrilled to have Patrick on the team. He’s young, fast and passionate about racing,” says Short. “I think the pairing we have chosen is two of the best up and coming drivers out there today.

Hawk Performance will be the primary sponsor for the No. “12” Corvette. David Roberts, Chairman, President and CEO of Carlisle Companies, Inc., who acquired Hawk Performance Braking products in 2010, said, “Patrick Lindsey validated himself as one of the premier drivers in World Challenge last year and we wanted him in the Hawk Vette for the 2011 World Challenge season, so needless to say, we are pleased that he has agreed to drive for us this year. The CRP Racing/Carlisle Team will be a force in 2011 with Patrick in the Hawk Corvette and Mike Skeen in the Cragar Corvette. Both the Hawk and Cragar cars will be equipped with Hawk Performance brake pads and the latest Cragar racing wheels in 2011. Hawk pads have been the choice of World Challenge champions for 6 consecutive seasons and 12 of the last 14 years. Hawk Performance brake pads continue to be the #1 used brake pad in all of SCCA and we will continue our R&D efforts, in the test lab and on the track, to continue that tradition of success.”

The team invites fans to stop by the transporter at all World Challenge races to meet Patrick, Mike and the crew and to check out the Cragar & Hawk Corvettes.

Sanctioned by SCCA Pro Racing and managed by WC Vision, the World Challenge Championship will offer three categories this year – GT, GTS and Touring Car. The series will feature 12 races at eight different venues, beginning with the doubleheader weekend at the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg March 25-27.

Tel: 704.455.7887
Email: RaceResearch1@aol.com
Attached Images  
Old 02-21-2011, 03:34 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

awesome good to see more vettes going into other series
Old 02-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Todd Z
Racer

Great news.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:27 PM
72Vega
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This 2nd Cragar car will be a great addition to WC this season. Patrick is a skilled driver and a great guy! He and Mike will do very well at the tracks the series will be going to this year...Miller, Mid Ohio, Laguna Seca, Mosport, Infineon and Road Atlanta will all be great venues to take on the K-PAX Volvos and the Woodhouse Vipers in GT! We'll again be working hard in pursuit of the TC Champioship in the XOWii Racing Masda Rx8
Old 02-22-2011, 05:31 AM
Bills Z06
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Old 02-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Locke
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Beautiful drawing, they ought to make a model of that car!

I'm wishing my Club didn't have an autocross scheduled for the St. Pete World Challenge Race. Dang!

Last year looking at the Crager car I wondered if those were actually Crager wheels. Looking again at the Crager website, I still don't see anything like the ones on the car. Am I missing something?

Locke
North Florida Corvette Assn.
Jacksonville, FL
Old 02-22-2011, 09:36 AM
DaBullish1
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Locke
Beautiful drawing, they ought to make a model of that car!

I'm wishing my Club didn't have an autocross scheduled for the St. Pete World Challenge Race. Dang!

Last year looking at the Crager car I wondered if those were actually Crager wheels. Looking again at the Crager website, I still don't see anything like the ones on the car. Am I missing something?

Locke
North Florida Corvette Assn.
Jacksonville, FL
The wheels on last years car were not Cragars. I hear they are working on a forged wheel for Corvettes, maybe they will run it on the World Challenge Cars this year? One can only hope...
Old 02-22-2011, 12:05 PM
CRPRacing
Cruising

Originally Posted by DaBullish1
The wheels on last years car were not Cragars. I hear they are working on a forged wheel for Corvettes, maybe they will run it on the World Challenge Cars this year? One can only hope...
You are right...we have been in the process of getting the Corvette wheels produced. The new Cragar Corvette wheels have been an important project to us and are in the making as we speak. We do plan to run them on both Corvettes just as soon as they get delivered to us!

We are very excited to be running these 2 awesome Corvettes with 2 very awesome and talented drivers, Mike Skeen and Patrick Lindsey - it's going to be a great year!
Old 02-22-2011, 12:10 PM
0FORGED DST
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Best of luck to all Corvette teams in all series !!!!

jerry
Old 02-23-2011, 08:47 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Old 02-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by L98Terror
Isn't Patrick Lindsay the guy that was supposedly cheating at the TT nationals in the Audi?
Old 02-23-2011, 05:24 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by Timz06
Isn't Patrick Lindsay the guy that was supposedly cheating at the TT nationals in the Audi?
& in ST2....maybe it's time I give up on the integrity in racing thing

Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts
Old 02-23-2011, 10:20 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Nobody had the guts to ask for a teardown/dyno test? Seems like an empty accusation otherwise.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:19 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by RX-Ben
Nobody had the guts to ask for a teardown/dyno test?
It was, hence the charge.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:42 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by RX-Ben
Nobody had the guts to ask for a teardown/dyno test? Seems like an empty accusation otherwise.
They did and I did, I was actually one of a few that put up the money and signed the protest form. There were some reliable people in TTU/ST1 cars that were at or close to their HP/lb limit that claimed he was hanging with them down the straights. I believe NASA put some sort of GPS system in his car (it was a AWD Turbo & they didn't have a AWD Dyno at the track, btw they did in 2008) and rumor has it it was off the charts and his car was sealed and was to be taken to a awd dyno but if I recall correctly he decided to just withdraw from the Championships, hence giving up his National Championships (two I believe TTS & ST2). There were some other things going on I can't recall all of them, I thought there was an issue with him sealing his data ports as we were all required to do on the first day or something.

IMO if the resul;ts were going to be close you would do it, even if you are off by a few HP there is no shame in saying we miscalculated and made 5 or 10 extra HP, but to not even try tells you a whole different story.

Get notified of new replies

To New Corvette Runnning World Challenge

Quick Reply: New Corvette Runnning World Challenge