Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Bilstein adj. shock

Old 02-22-2011, 09:31 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Default New Bilstein adj. shock

PRI 2010: Bilstein Shocks New 10 Way Single Adjustable Shock Shaft - StreetLegalTV.com

Anyone using these yet?

Any vendor want to build a set for me?

Old 02-23-2011, 08:47 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ask DRM he sells a bunch of them
Old 02-23-2011, 09:17 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 271 Likes on 213 Posts

Think about how much testing you'll have to do to get this shock right. You have 10 settings for the front and 10 for the rear. That gives you 100 combinations. Also keep in mind that you have to adjust both high speed shaft movement and low speed shaft movement.

All of this means you can dial your Corvette right out of the ballpark. You can get instant slow with these shocks. You've actually got a better chance of screwing up the settings than you do of getting them right.

I still prefer having Bilstein building my shocks for me.

Richard Newton
Facebook
Old 02-23-2011, 09:27 AM
grantar2
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont' about the new shocks but I have had single adjustables on my car for years and love them. But mine is street driven, as well as autocrossed. For me the only down side is that to adjust the rears, you have to pull the wheel and drop the shock. I Have drilled a hole inside the car and extended the adjuster yet like some because I tend to leave the rears on race setting.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:05 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rfn026
Think about how much testing you'll have to do to get this shock right. You have 10 settings for the front and 10 for the rear. That gives you 100 combinations. Also keep in mind that you have to adjust both high speed shaft movement and low speed shaft movement.

All of this means you can dial your Corvette right out of the ballpark. You can get instant slow with these shocks. You've actually got a better chance of screwing up the settings than you do of getting them right.

I still prefer having Bilstein building my shocks for me.

Richard Newton
Facebook
They should have a setting equal or close to your base requirements. Then you can always revert to that.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:20 AM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

If you guys want, I can do the coil overs with them.

I have done a limited number of double adjustable fronts....however, to do the rear it takes some work, and you will have to modify the lower control arm at the back of the car to do it, as the adjuster is built into the rod end.

We ran test versions of the doubles on the World Challenge cars in 2007.

Get notified of new replies

To New Bilstein adj. shock

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Bilstein adj. shock