Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DFW: wheels and mounted R888 tires for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 03:25 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Default DFW: wheels and mounted R888 tires for sale

For local-pickup only. May consider shipping later if they don't sell locally.

This is a full set of 18" C5 rear wheels with a pair of the wheels professionally widened to mount wider rear tires. I bought these wheels from a very reputable member on corvetteforum about 2.5 years ago. He had run them on the track with his C6 for about 2 years before I bought them. I subsequently have run about 10 track events on the wheels, they are perfect for a base C6 to have a lot more grip and fun at track days. I used them on a base '08 C6 and they worked perfectly and added a lot of grip on the track.

Wheels are true and balanced and physically in great shape, though they are not cosmetically perfect. They are track wheels only and have been sprayed black. The paint isn't the best, but the wheels look fine, but you definitely aren't buying them as a show wheel for your street cruiser.

Includes:
(2) 18x9.5 factory C5 wheels with 275/35/ZR18 Toyo R888 tires
(2) 18x10.5 factory C5 wheels with 305/35ZR18 Toyo R888 tires
(4) wheel sensors

*tires are mounted and balanced
NOTE: tires have 2.5 track SESSIONS on them. That's it. Tires are basically brand new. At the start of the 3th session, I lost my clutch master cylinder which ended my track weekend on these fresh set of tires. I subsequently bought another Corvette and these wheel/tires do not work on my new model.

I'm looking for $1500 cash OBO. That's not far off the cost of the tires themselves, so you're basically getting the wheels, mount/balance, and sensors for free.

Quick Reply: DFW: wheels and mounted R888 tires for sale