Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sebring could do a better job for its fans

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 03:26 PM
encore
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Sebring could do a better job for its fans

1) cell phone service was almost non existant no matter what service or type of phone 2) could not get wifi unless you paid $9.95 on race day 3) could not get online with ipads,etc to go to Alms.com to get scoring once again cell service sucked, 4) no tv monitors anywhere on the track for scoring except the one pylon on the midway that was blocked out in some places by the two story audi tent thing. Had to come home Sun just to see final scoring. And I thought the green door lights were terrible as Bmw and Corvette had 1 light and 2 lights on the last half hour and I had no idea who was winning. For the money it costs for tickets and parking they should make it more race fan oriented, not try to charge you for every service to find out who is even winning the damn race. Greedy sobs.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:04 PM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

DITTO !!! Thats why 10-15 LONG time Sebring friends and family did not go back this year. First time in over 10 years we have not gone.......TRULY SAD

It was a group vote NOT to go.

The 12 Hour @ Sebring was a life long family event....not any more

Way to commercial, ( or trying to be) and not enough emphaisis on the core based fans. Its all about the promoter making $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Racing should be about the fans, good racing, and everyone having a great time.........

Sebring is getting as bad as Nascar...and there attendance is backing that up !!!

We all have WAY to many things to spend our hard earned money on.

JMO
Old 03-20-2011, 05:17 PM
mfquinn
Pro

Well I am glad to see that my opinion is shared by others also. My son and I went and the major take-way was that it isn't very fan friendly. We go every year to the Daytona 24 hours and this was our first visit to Sebring. I won't be back as a spectator. I love driving the track and will continue doing track days there but no more 12 hours unless changes are made.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:19 PM
mcar00
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

From a spectator standpoint you're absolutely correct. The facility itself is hardly what you would consider a country club setting. However, if you can make it out on the track for an HPDE you will come away with a completely different experience and appreciation for the TRACK itself. At least that's what I keep telling myself.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:40 PM
offshore241
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Agreed ! Great track to race on, and for HPDE. Thats it.

Have heard rumors from track workers for years.....but won't repeat them here.........................

I LOVE racing on the track, no doubt about it. Just seems the 12 hour is a money hungry, poor spectator event.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:22 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Sebring is owned by the Panoz Motorsports Group, who also owns the American LeMans Series (plus Mosport and Road atlanta). looks like they treat their at-the-track fans as bad as their TV fans
Old 03-20-2011, 06:24 PM
B/Stock
Instructor

We always reserve 2 spots, one for the camper & one for some space. This year, we had FOUR empty spaces next to us.....never seen that before.
I have to agree with the lack of track info. unless you are next to the paddock area were the speakers are. Especially since it was not on speed vision this year.
I must have a mutant cell because I was the only one that had no problem with cell calls but the 10 bucks extra for wifi was a total rip-off.
Even with those gripes, I still had a great time. I love to walk around that track and you have to admit, there are multiple great viewing areas for a general admission ticket price.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:20 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

What other track offers wi-fi for free?
The radio broadcast is free and has the best coverage.
However, a mobile-friendly site would be a huge help (and they could of course make money via advertising).

Get notified of new replies

To Sebring could do a better job for its fans

Quick Reply: Sebring could do a better job for its fans