Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat mounting, and sub belt mounting questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 03:22 PM
67Ranger
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Seat mounting, and sub belt mounting questions

I was just wondering if anybody had pictures of how they attached their sub belts with a hardbar seat mount, or similar for a 5 point harness. Also, if there are any pictures of seat mounts that people have made on their own, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm pretty handy with a mill, and I think I can make my own mounts for a lot cheaper than buying them.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:24 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,926 Likes on 5,332 Posts

At this time I have the sub belts mounted to the side rails pretty close to the lowest point the seat gets to. The buckles are mounted sideways so the belt is pointing some what forward and upward. From the spot where the belt comes through the seat it still goes outward toward the rail and pulls sideways on the buckle to some degree. I have been thinking about attaching an aluminum rod between the two rails and wrapping the belt around it. That way it wouldn't be pulling sideways on the buckles. Not sure how large a diameter bar should be used and exactly what size bolt to use on the ends to get sufficient strength but will have everything sorted out by my first track day of the season at the end of next month.

Bill

Quick Reply: Seat mounting, and sub belt mounting questions