Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding a brake pressure sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 10:33 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Adding a brake pressure sensor

Has anyone added one to the stock MC? Here is what I've found so far:

"That said, the 1997 had (2) M12x1.0 ISO bubble flare outlet ports and the 1998-2004 had (1) M12x1.0 and (1) M12x1.5 ISO bubble flares. Finding tube nuts for the M12x1.5 can be a bit of a chore in my experience, especially since a lot of the aftermarket tube nuts interfere with the tapered sealing surface prior to sealing and require machining to work."

I am not sure what port has the 1.5 thread. In any case, I'd like to do the following:
- put an adapter in the port closest to the driver
- put a 1/4" brake line tee on the adapter- then another adapter on one end of the tee to attach the stock line
- get a custom stainless flexible line to connect the remotely mounted sensor to the T (the sensor uses a 1/8" NPT fitting)

Any thoughts? Any thoughts on sources?

Thanks.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:38 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

http://www.davidfarmerstuff.com/weatherhead.pdf
http://www.davidfarmerstuff.com/weatherhead2.pdf

NAPA can get most any fitting, and they carry all 3 types of brake lines with fittings attached (US, euro, japanese). Vettes use the threads of one and the flare of another if I remember correctly (been a while).

Anyway, with enough effort, you can find what you need.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:10 AM
C&M Racing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are looking for an electronic signal for data check the ABS signals. If it is for a gauge tee off one of the current lines
Old 03-22-2011, 03:28 AM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Yeah, came to this realization a couple hours ago after seeing it is a 0-5v sensor. I assume the signal is strong enough to feed a datalogger and not screw up anything in the sensor/car computers?
Also planning to do this for the steering angle sensor.

Weatherhead 7921 for the M12x1.0mm fitting (a "metric trailer tee" - has the right flares) in case anyone is interested in T'ing directly to the MC.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:06 PM
sillycon
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RX-Ben
Yeah, came to this realization a couple hours ago after seeing it is a 0-5v sensor. I assume the signal is strong enough to feed a datalogger and not screw up anything in the sensor/car computers?
Also planning to do this for the steering angle sensor.

Weatherhead 7921 for the M12x1.0mm fitting (a "metric trailer tee" - has the right flares) in case anyone is interested in T'ing directly to the MC.
A bit of grave digging, but by chance did you (or someone else) ever determine if feeding the BPS to a data logger would work or if it flipped out the EBCM?

What about the steering angle sensor?
Old 06-13-2017, 08:58 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

works fine. so does the steering angle sensor, but it takes up 2 inputs.

Get notified of new replies

To Adding a brake pressure sensor

Quick Reply: Adding a brake pressure sensor