Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock C5 Z06 ride height

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 02:18 PM
bsalie99
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default stock C5 Z06 ride height

I am sending my Z06 in to be aligned. The previous owner lowered it all the way on the bolts. I need to get it back up to stock height and realigned. The shop wanted to know what the stock ride height is measured from the frame at the jack points
thanks
Old 03-23-2011, 02:26 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Good question.... however, lowered to the max on stock bolts is really the ideal setup. That should lower the car around 3/4" over stock.

If your car is really slammed the previous owner probably cut down the bushings on the end of the height adjusters. If that's the case they you will only be able to raise it up so much. The folks who really want a "slammed" car will cut most of the bushing off the front and run a longer bolt in the rear.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Here is a link to the C5 tech forum where it is shown... As well as a pic to where it is measured from along the frame.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...de-height.html

I am a bit surprised, it says that the front should be 6.02 inches and the rear 6.22, that's pretty high, but that is what the manual says.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:46 PM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by travisnd
Good question.... however, lowered to the max on stock bolts is really the ideal setup. That should lower the car around 3/4" over stock.
No it isn't, lowered all the way on stock bolts is lower than you should go for best performance. Most of us have been there, tried that, and it doesn't work... Take your car to Phoenix and it won't come back that low either. Maybe they know something you don't. That subject has pretty much been beaten to death on this board. If you lower it all the way in the back on stock bolts you will be on the bump stops with a serious tire, some cornering load and even a small bump. Even with shorter shocks (that I have) I tired lower ride heights and it wasn't faster. The timer doesn't lie.

Last edited by Solofast; 03-23-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:59 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Solofast
No it isn't, lowered all the way on stock bolts is lower than you should go for best performance. Most of us have been there, tried that, and it doesn't work... Take your car to Phoenix and it won't come back that low either. Maybe they know something you don't. That subject has pretty much been beaten to death on this board. If you lower it all the way in the back on stock bolts you will be on the bump stops with a serious tire, some cornering load and even a small bump. Even with shorter shocks (that I have) I tired lower ride heights and it wasn't faster. The timer doesn't lie.
I lower to the max in the front w/o cutting any of the bushing then lower the rear as far as possible while maintaining forward rake. The car ends up about 3/4" lower than stock.

The car doesn't get into the bump stops and runs around quite well... Last month at VIR I ran a 2:05.5 in the car which was only 2 thenths off the TTA record until a Subaru driver set a new TTA record with a 2:04.8 in the same session.

YMMV
Old 03-23-2011, 03:08 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

I lower to the max in the front w/o cutting any of the bushing then lower the rear as far as possible while maintaining forward rake. The car ends up about 3/4" lower than stock.

The car doesn't get into the bump stops and runs around quite well... Last month at VIR I ran a 2:05.5 in the car which was only 2 thenths off the TTA record until a Subaru driver set a new TTA record with a 2:04.8 in the same session.

YMMV
Old 03-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

YMMV
That's not the same as lowering it all the way on stock bolts, you are probably three or four theads from the bottom on the back bolts.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:45 PM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

at the min weight a TTA car runs at, it ends up sitting pretty high (statically) when looking at it, especially in the rear. My rear bolts are all the way lowered (pretty much) and it looks like a 4x4 in the back. Danny Popp was making fun of me in Dec
Old 03-23-2011, 09:05 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Originally Posted by drivinhard
at the min weight a TTA car runs at, it ends up sitting pretty high (statically) when looking at it, especially in the rear. My rear bolts are all the way lowered (pretty much) and it looks like a 4x4 in the back. Danny Popp was making fun of me in Dec
I had to put the LG rear lowering bolt kit out of my old vert in the car to bring the rear down a little more
Old 03-23-2011, 11:18 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by drivinhard
My rear bolts are all the way lowered (pretty much) and it looks like a 4x4 in the back.
That happens when you remove 953lbs from the car.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:29 AM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

handling is about geometry, not looks!

Get notified of new replies

To stock C5 Z06 ride height

Quick Reply: stock C5 Z06 ride height