Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! Desperate for track time around Houston April 2-3

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 06:25 PM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default HELP!!! Desperate for track time around Houston April 2-3

Hello All,

Does anyone know where I can get some track time within about 4 hours of Houston the weekend of April 2-3? I was signed up to run at MSR Houston, however the event was cancelled due to lack of participants and I believe it is a members only day now.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-26-2011, 01:28 PM
JVetthead
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

event this weekend, not sure about next.

http://www.grandsportspeedway.com/
Old 03-26-2011, 04:36 PM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Yep I have that planned for sunday thanks. Know of anything going on sunday.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:40 PM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

I mean saturday.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Corvee
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stevensa
Hello All,

Does anyone know where I can get some track time within about 4 hours of Houston the weekend of April 2-3? I was signed up to run at MSR Houston, however the event was cancelled due to lack of participants and I believe it is a members only day now.

Thanks in advance!

The San Jacinto Corvette Club and Corvette Motorsport Club of Texas are hosting an auto-cross event at the Houston Police Academy on Saturday and Sunday April 2 and 3rd. This is a timed autocross not your typical parking lot "cone-dodge". The event is sanctioned by the NCCC and points awarded toward the annual NCCC SW Region title. Link to thread in Corvette Forum SW region events: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...ril-2-3-a.html

Come on out an meet the group. I spent the last weekend with them at TWS dishing out grief to the mustangs at their SVT event!

Last edited by Corvee; 03-28-2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: corrected event type
Old 03-27-2011, 08:14 PM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Corvee
The San Jacinto Corvette Club and Corvette Motorsport Club of Texas are hosting an auto-cross event at the Houston Police Academy on Saturday and Sunday April 2 and 3rd. This is a timed high-speed autocross not your typical parking lot "cone-dodge". The event is sanctioned by the NCCC and points awarded toward the annual NCCC SW Region title. Link to thread in Corvette Forum SW region events: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...ril-2-3-a.html

Come on out an meet the group. I spent the last weekend with them at TWS dishing out grief to the mustangs at their SVT event!
Sweet, PM Sent!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:41 AM
97coupechuck
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I ran the police acadamy with the san jacinto corvette club in the past and they have no cones on the track! It's wide open and timed! It's the only auto x I do all year, otherwise I'm trackin'!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:04 AM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 97coupechuck
I ran the police acadamy with the san jacinto corvette club in the past and they have no cones on the track! It's wide open and timed! It's the only auto x I do all year, otherwise I'm trackin'!
Thats what Im talkin about!!! Right now I am planning on being there on saturday and then Grandsport Speedway on Sunday.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Corvee
Burning Brakes

There are two other approaching Houston area events, both at MotorSport Ranch - Houston (in Angelton). The Drivers Edge on April 9 & 10 and REVOLUTION PRECISION MOTORSPORTS (RPM) on May 5/28 &29. Links to registration follow:

http://www.thedriversedge.net/02_tracks.htm
http://www.rpmschool.net/

Last edited by Corvee; 03-29-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:08 AM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Corvee
There are two other approaching Houston area events, both at MotorSport Ranch - Houston (in Angeltion). The Drivers Edge on April 9 & 10 and REVOLUTION PRECISION MOTORSPORTS (RPM) on May 5/28 &29. Links to registration follow:

http://www.thedriversedge.net/02_tracks.htm
http://www.rpmschool.net/
Thanks for the links, I was originally signed up to run this weekend with RPM, but it was cancelled. I will be out of town for the april 9-10 events and probably will not be able to make it in May either. This is part of the reason I REALLY needed somewhere to go this weekend. I got an email from the NCCC event coordinators btw, thanks again for forwarding the email. I look forward to meeting you and others this weekend. I will obviously be driving the blue 02z.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Corvee
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by stevensa
Thanks for the links, I was originally signed up to run this weekend with RPM, but it was cancelled. I will be out of town for the april 9-10 events and probably will not be able to make it in May either. This is part of the reason I REALLY needed somewhere to go this weekend. I got an email from the NCCC event coordinators btw, thanks again for forwarding the email. I look forward to meeting you and others this weekend. I will obviously be driving the blue 02z.
There is also NASA at TWS April 30 & May1 and TDE at MSR-Cresson May 14 & 15, if you don't mind the drive to Dallas. My car is currently down for correction of some rebuild issues identified last weekend and I may not make the autocross.

Jim

Last edited by Corvee; 03-29-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To HELP!!! Desperate for track time around Houston April 2-3

Quick Reply: HELP!!! Desperate for track time around Houston April 2-3