Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oz

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 12:45 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Default Oz

The new F1 rules were designed to SLOW the cars down.....right? Someone got it wrong
Old 03-26-2011, 01:06 PM
TLGunman
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No, the engineers just got it more right
Old 03-26-2011, 01:13 PM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Loved Hamilton's expression during the podium interview when they said RB never used KERS for those qualy times
Old 03-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

I'm not sure the rule changes were meant to slow things down as much as they were meant to eliminate costly, pointless duplication throughout the field. Banning the f-duct and double-diffuser (which was semi-illegal from the beginning) was really just a "let's quit spending money on these gimmicks since everyone has them" thing. I have no recollection of anyone discussing the need to slow things down last season.

To me, it's more surprising that, despite all the hand wringing and moaning about the Pirelli tires, Vettel managed to do just fine with them (as opposed to Ferrari) and, in fact, trounced last year's pole time by a fair bit. Ya gotta love Newey Of course, that's qualifying - the race can/will/should be a different thing, especially with all the marbles that will be on the track the second half of the race I fully expect to see Vettel drive off into the distance but behind him it should be interesting.

Watching Vettel do his qualifying laps through the onboard camera is just thing of amazing beauty.

I just read this bit that's quite interesting re: Red Bull and their KERS system:

http://adamcooperf1.com/

Z//

Get notified of new replies

To Oz

Quick Reply: Oz