Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AutoX Setup ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 01:41 AM
bsbinict
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AutoX Setup ?

Wanting some help on a good baseline setup for autoX. Its going in for corner weighting and an alignment this week. Car is a 98 coupe with Pfadt coilovers, sways, bushings, camber kit. Right now im running some R6 scrubs but will have the A6's on in a couple weeks. I have the coilovers on the 6th click from full soft at all four corners and the sways are full stiff front and full soft rear. Plan to run 28 psi F and 26 R. The alignment is at -2.4 F -.8 R with toes square. Its not a daily driver so looking for max performance. Thanks
Old 03-28-2011, 04:18 AM
gumby4mayor
Instructor

Full stiff front and full soft rear is probably going to produce a lot of under-steer. I would start at the middle setting on front and rear and adjust depending on what it is doing.

What are you running for rear camber? you may want to go for a little positive toe in the rear instead of square.

I'm not to familiar with Pfadt stuff for a baseline that works. maybe someone else can chime in.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:28 AM
JiminVirginia
Pro

I've got Pfadt sways, and I think those settings are probably OK.

Just make sure you don't set the shocks too stiff and you'll probably be fine.

Get notified of new replies

To AutoX Setup ?

Quick Reply: AutoX Setup ?