Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tie Rod end options...... bump steer kit??

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 06:20 PM
a_ahmed
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

I wish my coilover concern would be addressed That's what's holding me back
Old 04-27-2016, 09:45 AM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by a_ahmed
I wish my coilover concern would be addressed That's what's holding me back
Like I said, I don't know about your coil overs. When we made this kit the only coilovers that existed was a set of Penske's. They fit with those. They also fit my custom Afco's I had made but I don't use the Pfadt's so I can't tell you. I have heard they hit, however it depends on several issues such as alignment as well. If you have too much toe in it will bring the rod closer to the shock. You can space it like someone in the post showed and I may come out with the offset one I designed but it is going to be a bit more expensive. The offset clevis will require more machine time since it can't be completely shaped in the lathe.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:36 PM
c5racr1
Melting Slicks

Received 462 Likes on 331 Posts

On another note, where did you get the bumper cover on your racecar? You could pm me with the info so I don't hijack
Old 10-19-2016, 04:05 PM
reath1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

J.Abbott, you have a PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:03 PM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by J.Abbott
Like I said, I don't know about your coil overs. When we made this kit the only coilovers that existed was a set of Penske's. They fit with those. They also fit my custom Afco's I had made but I don't use the Pfadt's so I can't tell you. I have heard they hit, however it depends on several issues such as alignment as well. If you have too much toe in it will bring the rod closer to the shock. You can space it like someone in the post showed and I may come out with the offset one I designed but it is going to be a bit more expensive. The offset clevis will require more machine time since it can't be completely shaped in the lathe.
Go back to my 04-06-2012, 12:46 PM post on the subject. I had the offset mounts made by New Era Performance in Rochester NY
They clear my LGM coilovers.
More on the subject:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...coilovers.html

C6RAPTOR

Last edited by C6RAPTOR; 10-20-2016 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:28 PM
Whis9
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by J.Abbott
Okay this conversation has been good for the most part. I think I am going to go ahead and upgrade our Aurora bearing to the Aurora 3 piece bearing. The static load of the bearing will double so this is a very HD bearing. It also has a liner so you will not get any noise out of it. I am looking into this now, it will make the cost of the kit go up but it will be worth the difference. Thanks everyone who participated.
Has the update been done yet? Need to purchase a set in the next few months, thanks

Quick Reply: Tie Rod end options...... bump steer kit??