Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbeau FX1 in a C6 Z06? Any fit issues?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Omega Man
Race Director

Location: I speak the truth. Harsh but accurate. The Woodlands Texas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Default Corbeau FX1 in a C6 Z06? Any fit issues?

I have been looking at some weekend seats and I am leaning toward the Corbeau FX1W.

Does anyone have them in their C6 or C6Z? Any fitment issues?

I have searched but cant find any numbers on the max size seat that the C6Z can take.

Thanks
Old 04-08-2011, 08:57 PM
B505
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've sat in these seats at SOW in a black C6Z, I cant remember if its the fx-1 or the fx-1 pro that is the wider of the two but I found the narrow one to be really tight on my hips. I'm skinny but tall at 6'2" 185 and I cant justify buying the narrow one. The wide one was nice. But another concern is that they sit with the back rest fiarly far forward. The drivers I met with these seats (2 diff cars) actually had to fab a little bracket to get the seat to tilt back and feel appropriate. Picture the corbeau seat as an L, the back rest and the bottom are at pretty much 90 degrees. Well the problem with these seats is the damn bracket keeps the seat at 90% to the floor and is almost impossible to drive without feeling like you're gonna fall out of the seat. The driver also mentioned it was really hard for him to shift when the seat was mounted like that. Now that he has fabricated a bracket for the bottom, the L shape is tilted back a few degrees and its a great seat. I considered them for my Z but until I can make my own brackets I'm keeping the stockers.....
Old 04-08-2011, 10:51 PM
maw455
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by B505
I've sat in these seats at SOW in a black C6Z, I cant remember if its the fx-1 or the fx-1 pro that is the wider of the two but I found the narrow one to be really tight on my hips. I'm skinny but tall at 6'2" 185 and I cant justify buying the narrow one. The wide one was nice. But another concern is that they sit with the back rest fiarly far forward. The drivers I met with these seats (2 diff cars) actually had to fab a little bracket to get the seat to tilt back and feel appropriate. Picture the corbeau seat as an L, the back rest and the bottom are at pretty much 90 degrees. .
I had an FX-1 Pro for a while in my C6. It is the wider of the two. There were no fitment issues width-wise, but the seat would not sit low enough to keep my helmet from hitting the roof (I'm 5'10"), along with the aforementioned seat angle. The bottom of the seat has little feet to mount it to a bottom-mount style seat rail. They cause the seat to sit about an inch or so higher. I had to cut the rear ones off to get the seat bottom to sit flush on the rail to get enough headroom, which also tilted the seat back. Alot of work. Granted, I was using a Pfadt seat rail with Sparco slider, which sits up about the same height as the stock seat rail - a Hardbar mount (which I now have) would probably have solved the issue too.

Another complaint I had was the upper part of seat tended to flex side to side when cornering. Not a lot, but it did not make me feel as locked in as I thought I should be. I eventually went to a Sparco Evo2 which solved all my issues.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Omega Man
Race Director

Location: I speak the truth. Harsh but accurate. The Woodlands Texas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Thanks for the replies. I did notice sitting in the FX1 that the seat top was flexing when I would put some weight on it.

I think I might just keep looking for a while and see what other options are out there.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:16 PM
CorvetteZ51Racer
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got these in my car (C6Z) right now. One thing I will say for sure **DO NOT GET CORBEAU'S BRACKETS** I had an incident at the track last month and ended up going into a wall backwards at about 25 mph. Both seat brackets bent. If you decide to go with these seats, get a better mount.

Get notified of new replies

To Corbeau FX1 in a C6 Z06? Any fit issues?

Quick Reply: Corbeau FX1 in a C6 Z06? Any fit issues?