Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm looking for guinea pig, er, volunteer

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Blue 92
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
CI 3-4, 8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10

Default I'm looking for guinea pig, er, volunteer

I do vinyl graphics and came across a fairly new product I'd like to test.

It's a vinyl/cloth combined product that will adhere to a smooth surface but can be removed, stored on the original backing and re-applied over and over again.

The manufacturer claims about 200 cycles. It can be crumpled into a ball, carefully straightened out then re-applied. If dropped, the adhesive side can be rinsed off with water and, after dry, can be used again. It is not a static cling material and not harmful to your paint.

I picked up a sample pack and would like to try it out.

What I'm looking for is an active SCCA weekend racer (just one) with an assigned 2 digit number and 3 digit class that can use these and let me know how they hold up over the summer.

The 8.5" x 11" samples I have are large enough for SCCA numbers but too small for NASA. You agree to use them and provide feedback and I'll do 2 8.5" x 11" two digit number panels and 2 smaller panels for the class letters. This will be white panels with dark (black) numbers so they'd be usable on any color car.

If the material holds up I'll look at adding colors and contour cutting the numbers and letters so they could be applied without a panel and better fit the color scheme of the car.

Did I mention this would be a no cost deal? I'll even pay the shipping. All I ask is occasional pictures and feedback on how well they hold up.

If anyone is interested post here and let me know. Like I said, due to the size of the material, what I outlined above is about all I can fit on an 8.5" x 11" panel and give you SCCA legal numbers.

Last edited by Blue 92; 04-08-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:54 AM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 160 Posts

I'll try it.

Fatbillybob@ yahoo.com
Old 04-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Han Solo
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have my own cutter just for personal use. Would you mind PMing me the supplier so I can get some samples as well?

Get notified of new replies

To I'm looking for guinea pig, er, volunteer

Quick Reply: I'm looking for guinea pig, er, volunteer