Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions for ZR1 front splitter, brake duct, and air deflector

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Default Suggestions for ZR1 front splitter, brake duct, and air deflector

2011 Grandsport

I just got done installing the LG Motorsports carbon-fiber front splitter (shown here).

The instructions (here say to cut off the flexible air-damn level with their flat bottom extension. I'll probably do that. At the expense of a couple MPG it should give more downforce.

I currently don't have the two side flexible air-damn (OEM) pieces behind the two brake duct openings on. Should I put them on or leave them off. I want to get air to the brakes for sure.

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2011, 10:29 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 710 Likes on 491 Posts

I would seal the front openings of the splitter to the OEM duct inlets using tin, plastic, duct tape whatever you can find. Leave the air-dams off IMHO. Ideally you would want a flat (or ducted) undertray from the leading edge of the splitter all the way to the front axle, but that likely isn't practical.

Anyway, get your high pressure above the splitter not under the nose!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Thanks David!

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
I would seal the front openings of the splitter to the OEM duct inlets using tin, plastic, duct tape whatever you can find.
Cool, I was thinking that. Already was theorizing on materials that would hold up and not suck in under air pressue. Need a good stiff piece of something.

Leave the air-dams off IMHO.
Will do.

Ideally you would want a flat (or ducted) undertray from the leading edge of the splitter all the way to the front axle, but that likely isn't practical.
Yeah, just an HPDE car, not a race car.

Anyway, get your high pressure above the splitter not under the nose!
10:4

Get notified of new replies

To Suggestions for ZR1 front splitter, brake duct, and air deflector

Quick Reply: Suggestions for ZR1 front splitter, brake duct, and air deflector