Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you need to heat cycle Nitto NT-01s?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 11:45 PM
napacruzerc5
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Do you need to heat cycle Nitto NT-01s?

Running my first autocross with Nitto NT-01 in stock nonZ06 C5 sizes. Have about 10 street miles on the tires and will be driving a 15 miles on a twisty road to the event site. Fortunately, first event is a "practice" and we get 5 runs so I can run as hard or as slow as I want for the first couple of runs.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Rag Top
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't, you should be fine. It sounds like you will have enough miles on them to scrub off the tire mold crap I ran the same set for a couple seasons, and drove on them to the events (sometimes well over 550 miles). Great tires. The only reason I am not still using them is a friend gave me a set of V710s. Your practice laps will give you a chance to learn the tires and tune the air pressures.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:28 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

I had the same question. I sent an email to their home office last week and have yet to receive a reply.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:25 AM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If NT-01s are similar to RA-1s then I've always had a terrible first autocross event on them, even with a couple hundred street kilometers on them... the RA-1s needed to get some runs on them before they came good and then they worked great right to the cord. RA-1s and R888s seem to do better for HPDE where they seem to come in much quicker... probably the heat...

Get notified of new replies

To Do you need to heat cycle Nitto NT-01s?

Quick Reply: Do you need to heat cycle Nitto NT-01s?