Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kudos to NASA Great Lakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 03:16 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Kudos to NASA Great Lakes

There is a thread discussing this past weekend's events at the NASA Mid Ohio event, but my comments that follow warrant a seperate one:

There is a culture of "niceness" at NASA, especially at Great Lakes (although the SE people are great, too).

I noticed the last few events I have participated in that all the people, and I mean all, are very nice and courteous.

What really made it stand out was my experience with tech: a young kid (at my age anyone under 30 is a "kid") was tkaing care of getting my two cars ready to race, and how he handled it was really quite helpful. I had to attend a driver's meeting and he said to me, "just go to the meeting and I will take care of things for you." When I came back 15 minutes later...things were taken care of jsut as he promised.

I expect the people at the top to be customer-service oriented; that's how they got there. But when the mind-set is consistant through the group, it really makes the whole experience enjoyable.

I have spoken to Dave Royce about this, and his comment to me was that he knew, and so did his staff, that they are in the entertainment business. That tells me they "get" it.

Kudos.

BTW: this is NOT a swipe at any other organization. I have had great experiences with SCCA and Grand Am, so please don't read in to something that's not there.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:33 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Originally Posted by BuckeyeZ06
BTW: this is NOT a swipe at any other organization. I have had great experiences with SCCA and Grand Am, so please don't read in to something that's not there.
But that's what we do

I agree, although I didn't race, I came down on Sunday and it was like a family reunion...god I miss it
Old 04-11-2011, 06:03 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

And we miss the donuts.

Get notified of new replies

To Kudos to NASA Great Lakes

Quick Reply: Kudos to NASA Great Lakes