Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V8 Stock Cars at Mitty

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 10:10 PM
FlamingZ06
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default V8 Stock Cars at Mitty

The Speedsouth / Active Power Racing #9 Corvette will make it's V8 Stock Car debut at the Mitty historic race weekend April 30 / May 1 at Road Atlanta.

The team will be looking to bring home a win or two while improving on their best lap times of 1:27.xx. Running the proper tire pressures (instead of 5# too high) should make that happen.

The Mitty is always a great event, if you get a chance to make it out, stop by the Speedsouth tent and say hi.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Racer-38
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys...
Looks like we're finally going to get a chance to race!!!! I signed up as well.
Remember to run GT2 w/V8 Stockcar it has to be SCCA STO legal.
3300lbs, 75mm restrictor and no slicks!!! You can run it like you did at the PBOC event but Bosco will kick you up to GT1.

See ya in a couple weeks.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:29 AM
bosco022
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Tomorrow 4/15 is last day before late entry for the V8 Series at the Mitty. Must fill out HSR/V8 entry to get the special pricing.
email me at bosco022022 at yahoo dot com for an entry form or contact judy at hsrrace.com

questions: three eight six 717 0745 (Bosco)

Cars eligible to be LG Motorsports V8 GT2's are:

* SCCA STO
* SCCA GT2
* SCCA T1
* NASA ST2
* KONI/Continental GS cars
* others by review, ie ITO etc

The top prep level for the class is intended to be the STO class.

Cars prepped beyond STO can be bumped to V8 GT-1

Also the V8 Series will be racing with Grand Am and SCCA Trans Am
at VIR on May 14 & 15. Should be 30-40 cars in our group. about 300 bucks to enter. Great fun and competition in front of the grand am crowd. Contact me for more info
Old 04-14-2011, 10:46 AM
FlamingZ06
Racer

Originally Posted by Racer-38
Hey Guys...
Looks like we're finally going to get a chance to race!!!! I signed up as well.
Remember to run GT2 w/V8 Stockcar it has to be SCCA STO legal.
3300lbs, 75mm restrictor and no slicks!!! You can run it like you did at the PBOC event but Bosco will kick you up to GT1.

See ya in a couple weeks.
Bob
I see you are on top of the rules as usual. I guess you gotta know 'em well if you're going to successfully bend 'em.

We will run GT1. Won't be the fastest and we'll probly need some luck to win, but there is no way we're going to take a perfectly good race car and 1)add 400 pounds 2)add a restrictor and 3)run DOT tires 4)have to listen to somebody whine about how our splitter isn't proper.

Don't feel too bad, though, you'll have a chance to beat us Sunday when I'm driving (if your sh!tbox lasts that long).
Old 04-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Racer-38
Racer

Originally Posted by FlamingZ06
Bob
I see you are on top of the rules as usual. I guess you gotta know 'em well if you're going to successfully bend 'em.

We will run GT1. Won't be the fastest and we'll probly need some luck to win, but there is no way we're going to take a perfectly good race car and 1)add 400 pounds 2)add a restrictor and 3)run DOT tires 4)have to listen to somebody whine about how our splitter isn't proper.

Don't feel too bad, though, you'll have a chance to beat us Sunday when I'm driving (if your sh!tbox lasts that long).
NICE, Tom...NICE!!!!!
I gave you a heads up because after talking to you guys at PBOC I too, wanted to see what my car could do on slicks w/no restrictor and 350lbs lighter. I wrote to Bosco and asked him that since this wasn't a SCCA event that I was going to strip it and run on slicks w/no restrictor. He told me if I did that he would move me to GT1. As you know, our cars have no chance against a 800HP 2600lb GT1 car.
As we discussed at RA, I agree that adding weight etc to a race car is absurd.....and so contrary to what you may think I was just sharing with you info that I learned so you wouldn't be caught off guard when you got to the track.
Sorry you took it the wrong way. But hey....I'll go out today and buy some more duct tape and see if I can get the shitbox to make it thru the weekend.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:59 PM
FlamingZ06
Racer

Geez Bob, you're the last guy I would've expected to have a Midol moment over a few well placed jabs.

I didn't take it the wrong way, just couldn't resist a little pre-race banter.

You must be spending too much time on CF...

Do you want to race us, or do you want to finish first in the also-ran class?

Strip 'er down to qualifying weight, throw on some slicks, and let's go!

Run what you brung!

Last edited by FlamingZ06; 04-14-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:55 PM
KBlanke
Drifting

Glad to see some other vettes, we are usually the only one mixed in with a huge pile of porsches and those Roush built mustangs.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:47 PM
vette6aut0x
Pro

Originally Posted by Racer-38
NICE, Tom...NICE!!!!!
I gave you a heads up because after talking to you guys at PBOC I too, wanted to see what my car could do on slicks w/no restrictor and 350lbs lighter. I wrote to Bosco and asked him that since this wasn't a SCCA event that I was going to strip it and run on slicks w/no restrictor. He told me if I did that he would move me to GT1. As you know, our cars have no chance against a 800HP 2600lb GT1 car.
As we discussed at RA, I agree that adding weight etc to a race car is absurd.....and so contrary to what you may think I was just sharing with you info that I learned so you wouldn't be caught off guard when you got to the track.
Sorry you took it the wrong way. But hey....I'll go out today and buy some more duct tape and see if I can get the shitbox to make it thru the weekend.
Bob, can't wait to see you at RA in two weeks. If you can't have a little fun with your friends it ain't worth living

Get notified of new replies

To V8 Stock Cars at Mitty

Quick Reply: V8 Stock Cars at Mitty