Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ohio statehouse meeting to discuss elimination of front license plate. may 11th, 4pm.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:16 AM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 560 Likes on 437 Posts

Default ohio statehouse meeting to discuss elimination of front license plate. may 11th, 4pm.

There is a chance to testify in favor of a proposed ohio bill to eliminate ohio's front license plate requirement.

The bill is HB107.

This would benefit all corvette owners who feel the aesthetics and aerodynamics of their car's are compromised by a front license plate.

Currently 20 states (including all those around ohio) already dont require a front license plate.

also, you may not be aware that the penalties for not having a front license plate were increased in 2004 from an equip violation (like broken turn signal) to a minor misdemeanor registration violation. $150 fine w/ possibility of jail time.

I myself have been pulled over 2x and given written warnings (ohio highway patrol and medina co sheriff dept) for not having a front license plate. That was the only reason I was pulled over.

If you are interested in testifying, you can let this lady know ASAP:

Nagle, Holly
Holly.Nagle@ohr.state.oh.us

Here is her email to me. Unfortunately I have a work commitment involving travel and cant be there to testify or else Id be there on the statehouse floor !

Dear David:

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding House Bill 107, legislation introduced by Representatives Slesnick and Damschroder to eliminate the front license plate requirement on motor vehicles.

Representative Slesnick would like to make you aware that a second hearing on the legislation has been scheduled for Wednesday, May 11th in the House Transportation, Public Safety, and Homeland Security Committee at 4:00pm at the Ohio Statehouse. This is the best opportunity for proponents of the bill to come and testify.

If you are interested in giving testimony, please respond to me at your earliest convenience, so that our office can inform you as to the full details of the committee hearing. Again, we appreciate your interest in HB 107.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Holly Nagle
Legislative Aide to Rep. Stephen Slesnick
52nd Ohio House District
Old 05-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Webz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting. I sent an email in support of eliminating the front license plate.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,751 Likes on 941 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Unfortunately I dont think I can get off work to get over there, but I sure hope it passes!

Get notified of new replies

To ohio statehouse meeting to discuss elimination of front license plate. may 11th, 4pm.

Quick Reply: ohio statehouse meeting to discuss elimination of front license plate. may 11th, 4pm.