Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 SS Brake Pistons

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 12:51 AM
Black89Z51
Suckin' gas, haulin' ass.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default C4 SS Brake Pistons

Does anyone know a company that makes stainless steel brake caliper pistons for the C4 J55's and possibly the rears? I know DRM used to have them, but I hear their supplier doesn't make them anymore.

I'm nearing completion of my track car. Just need the interior/safety bits which should be done by the end of the year. Cage is going in about a month from now. Brakes are the only thing really worrying me at this point.

Thanks for the help.

PS. I tried C4 tech a while ago, but only got views and no responses, so hoping you guys could give me a hand.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:18 AM
SDF
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Have you actually checked with Randy at DRM? If they don't have them I bet he would know where you could get them.......Have you thought about a C5 brake conversion?
Old 05-13-2011, 09:38 AM
Black89Z51
Suckin' gas, haulin' ass.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I haven't called him as of yet. I will have to do that this morning.

I have thought about the C5 conversion, but right now just trying to get the car on the track. I already have new pads and rotors for the stock setup. I'm going to put the conversion money elsewhere for now (cage, fire suppression, seat, helmet, hans...etc.). I know it's not a TON of money, but every little bit counts.

Edit: Called Randy just a minute ago. He says he doesn't have them anymore, nor does VB&P. He says I am probably the first person to call for them in 3-4 years. Looks like Ti shims are going to be the 2nd best option I have right now, unless someone knows where to get the SS pistons.

Last edited by Black89Z51; 05-13-2011 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Add'l Info
Old 05-13-2011, 10:55 AM
SDF
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Believe me I understand the $$ thing after tracking my C4! The "Grand Sport" caliper for the J55 system is a bit beefier of a piece if you can find a pair of those. Glad to hear that your putting your extra money into the safety aspect!!

Get notified of new replies

To C4 SS Brake Pistons

Quick Reply: C4 SS Brake Pistons