Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racing is Team sport and thanks to my "team"

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 04:36 PM
drbenne
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Racing is Team sport and thanks to my "team"

Racing is a team sport as all of us who spend a lot of time and money driving like madmen know. The driver gets all the accolades after a good weekend and sometimes the "team" doesn't enjoy in the celebration. So I just wanted to thank a few people who have been essential to me in my last 7 years of racing my C5 corvette:

1.Gary Hoffman: (Hardbar) introduced me to the car and was influential in me stepping up to racing in T1. He also has supplied endless technical support/advice/parts and even has flown out to socal to help install and provide track support . But I had to treat him to some good socal tacos which he can't get apparently in New Hampshire

2. Richard Strout of Leading Edge Motorsports. Probably single most improvement in car was sending my penske single adjustables to him for rebuilding. Car was on a knife edge and scary at the time . Unbelievable change in car behavior and led to me being competitive at a whole new level. I recently had him rebuild them and change them from rebound adjustable to compression adjustable. He has a shock dyno and can really dial them in to your specs.

3. Ethan Ducre. He has been my track crew chief, mechanic, and track psychiatrist when necessary to keep my car and I in sync. We are a well oiled machine and really keep tabs on the car between runs and events. He does all this for room, food and beer. I hope to reciprocate when I am ready to hang it up and he has enough money to go racing.

4. John Schertzer. Mechanic for several of us socal T1 racers and for Kyle and Bob Kelley who run several SCCA racecars as well as competing in nationwide and now sprint cup road race events. He has really helped with all of my more complicated car improvements and some routine maintenance as well. He also corner balances the carfor me. He even welded a broken header piece for me between qualifying and the race one weekend preventing me from having to go home on saturday.

5. Socal T1 racers: The group gets along well and we usually park our trailers side by side. We help each other with parts and help as is needed. Oli does complain though when he loans you a part and he doesn't win.

Just wanted to make sure we all remember to acknowledge "our team" .
Old 05-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

The SE Mafia wouldn't get half of our cars on track without each other's support. The best part of this insanity.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:55 AM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by drbenne
Oli does complain though when he loans you a part and he doesn't win.

Only when the Borrowing Rat Bastard beats me and wins!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Racing is Team sport and thanks to my "team"

Quick Reply: Racing is Team sport and thanks to my "team"