Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Astock Autocross tire sizes (lincoln Pro/solo talk)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 11:53 AM
gumby4mayor
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Astock Autocross tire sizes (lincoln Pro/solo talk)

Soo...I was at the prosolo and solo tour this past weekend co-driving in STX. (9th in pro, 8th in solo) I was looking at the Astock cars and man...they squeeze tires on. 315's on the back 295's or 275's on the front. pretty much the same sizes the c5z06 SS crowd runs except on an 8.5-9.5 inch rim. BTW Great battle in Astock, very fun to watch.

Anyways, I have been slowly prepping an Astock corvette and before this weekend I was gonna go 275's front and 295's rear but now it looks like the bigger tire is the way to go.

1. If Anthony Savini, Wiggy Greacen or Paul Brown are lurking, Im curious to know what your thoughts are of the 295 front that i believe brown was using vs the 275 front that savinni was using. Think there was any advantage to either?

2. anyone using something stiffer than a z06 front bar?

3. Any ideas on how to get more rear camber while staying legal? .8 is the most I could get. Normal?

Feel free to PM me as well. Thanks guys.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:13 PM
autox_vette
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gumby4mayor
3. Any ideas on how to get more rear camber while staying legal? .8 is the most I could get. Normal?

Feel free to PM me as well. Thanks guys.
You might want to try shifting the rear crossmember/trans mount (not sure of the exact name, the big cast crossmember that sits under the transaxle and has the mounts for the lower A-arms). It's common for it to be shifted one way or the other which then limits the amount of camber you can get on one side.

Kenton

Last edited by autox_vette; 06-01-2011 at 12:17 PM. Reason: signature
Old 06-01-2011, 04:21 PM
gumby4mayor
Instructor

You hit that one spot on, I recently had the rear subframe removed and after install my camber was off from one side to the other, the problem is that it's like 1.0 on one side and .7 on the other. so if I align it it's probably only going to get to .8 on each side.

Get notified of new replies

To Astock Autocross tire sizes (lincoln Pro/solo talk)

Quick Reply: Astock Autocross tire sizes (lincoln Pro/solo talk)