Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calabogie Gentlemens GT Series - Ottawa Citizen

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Spectrel
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Calabogie Gentlemens GT Series - Ottawa Citizen

Hey , for all you lappers and HPDErs out there looking to try something different this might be of interest. I'm going to try to make all of them this year and am registered to run the first one on Thursday June 23. Currently there are 4 mustangs registered , so someone should get out and help me represent the General!!

See Information Below:

CALABOGIE - Ottawa Citizen Gentleman's GT Race Series

Hey everyone. Just to let you know, after seeing this Ottawa Citizen Mustang Race Series, I was disappointed that you could only run in a rented mustang, and the cost was certainly out of my budget. After discussions with a few other people that had the same frustrations, I started speaking with one of the owners at Calabogie Motorsports Park, and after a number of discussions over details, we managed to strike up a deal. It's pretty grassroots to for now, but i think that's half the fun! So may i present to you... the Ottawa Citizen Gentleman's GT Race Series!!!

THE OTTAWA CITIZEN GENTLEMAN’S GT RACE SERIES

Think you have what it takes to Race at Calabogie Motorsports Park. Why not test your racing skill in the Ottawa Citizen Gentleman’s GT Race Series. Limited opportunity!

What's a gentlemen's race?
It is all about camaraderie, safety, sportsmanship and just good fun! There will be specific passing zones on a fully marshalled track, so playing nice is mandatory!

How do I Qualify
1. You DO need to have been signed off to drive solo at Calabogie Motorsports Park, but you DON’T need a Race License. This entails having completed at least one full day at CMP with an instructor or equivalent.

2. You and your car must have an average runtime around the full track between 2:25-2:45.

3. You must be running a Hero Cam inside the car to record the race from the drivers perspective. While there should be a couple of Cams available from Calabogie MotorSports Park on a first come first serve basis, make arrangements to bring your own if you can.

4. You will require a SNELL Rated Helmet, M2000+ or SA2000+ . There will be a limited number of helmets available from Calabogie Motorsports Park, but again I would suggest you bring your own.

5. Your car must adhere to the CASC-OR Ontario Time Attack Safety Specifications located in SECTION 1 here: http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default/...ons_online.pdf
The annual inspection list can be found here: http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default/..._checklist.pdf
Calabogie Race officials hold the final word regarding the apparent safety of a vehicle. If they feel your vehicle is unsafe for the event, your vehicle will not be allowed on the track.

Registration

We will be limiting the total number of cars to 12 per event, so this is a limited opportunity!

To register for an event please email me at CalabogieGT@gmail.com with the following information:
1. Name, Address, Email Address, and Phone Number
2. Emergency Contact information: Name, Relation, Home and Cell phone number
3. Car: Make, Model, Year, List of Modifications
4. Experience: Minimum requirement of being signed off to drive solo at Calabogie Motorsports Park.
5. Your average lap time around the full track.
6. Event(s) you are registering to attend.
7. Payment – Please list to total value of your purchase in the registration email, then follow up with an Interac Email Transfer to CalabogieGT@gmail.com . Or make arrangements to get cash to me directly. Please note your registration is not complete, and your name will not be added to the list until payment has been received.
8. No charge cancellations can be made up to 7 days prior to an event. If purchased in bulk, cancellations will be limited, and the fees for non cancelled races (even if they have already been completed) will be changed to the single race fee, and your refund will be made accordingly. Cancellations within 7 days of the event will be charged out at the full rate.

Pricing
Per Event - $250.00, HST included
Bulk Events 1-4 - $800.00, HST Included
Bulk Events 2-4 – $600.00, HST Included

Event Dates
1. Thursday June 23, 2011
2. Thursday July 28, 2011
3. Thursday August 11, 2011
4. Thursday September 8, 2011

Event Schedule
4:00 to 8:00 PM
4:15 to 4:45 Check-in & Registration
5:15 to 5:45 Practice & Qualifying
6:15 to 6:45 Gentlemen’s Race – Stadium (short) track
7:00 to 8:00 Post Race Award Presentation & Social
*The preceding schedule is for the Ottawa Citizen Mustang Race Series. Should there be less than 4 registrants for the GT Race, the GT race will run on track at the same time as the Mustangs. Should we have 4 or more registrants, the GT class will have its run group run during the off time of the Mustang Series.

Prizes
With a minimum of 5 GT Class registrants for a specific event, there will be a $250.00 Calabogie Motorsports Park Gift Certificate awarded to the first place winner of that event.

This is currently a pretty grassroots event, so we are currently looking for other sponsors to provide prizes and/or gifts for either placed finishes (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Last) and/or for draws. If you or someone you know would be interested in providing prizes of some sort (gift certificates, cash, merchandise, etc.), please contact me at CalabogieGT@gmail.com

Race Rules
Race Rules Gentlemen`s GT Race (Subject to change)
1. Passing will be in specific zones and is by point by only, one point by per car. If you are the second car and don’t see a point by, you must wait until you do.
2. Under no circumstances is a pass to take place without a point by signal. Once you give the point by, you must let the car pass, you may not out drag it to the next corner.
3. Passing without a point by, or passing in a non-passing zone will result in a black flag, a warning will be given in the pit lane and a second violation will result in disqualification from that session.
4. Blue flags will be used to indicate a closing car. Repeated disregard for the blue flag will result in a black flag and a drive through penalty, so it’s not worth disregarding the blue flag.
5. This race is intended to introduce people to racing without the danger of car to car contact and drivers are expected to keep other’s safety in mind the whole time. We will do our best to not intrude on the racing with the blue flags but keep in mind that this series is a fun introduction, not the Montreal F1. Safety is paramount and we will pull anyone driving in an unsafe manner.

I look forward to this being a fantastic series this year, and for many years to come. Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

For more information on the track or the mustang race series, please visit calabogiemotorsports.com

Thank you, and I hope to see you at the track!

Matt Edmonds
CalabogieGT@gmail.com

Quick Reply: Calabogie Gentlemens GT Series - Ottawa Citizen