Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it ok to run with C1232

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Wasserott
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Is it ok to run with C1232

I can't locate what is causing the issue. I'll have to spend more time. But in the mean time, i've pulled the 40amp ABS fuse so that ABS won't be doing anything funky.

Besides not having ABS and TC/AH, will there be any other issues?

THANKS!

CHuck
Old 06-23-2011, 08:49 PM
geerookie
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It means your left front wheel speed sensor is open or short. Usually it is a bad connection. The sensor connector is on the back of the hub. It's a white or gray connector with 2 pins in it. If you disconnect and reconnect that usually fixes it but you should look inside to make sure there is no corrosion. If you follow the cable back across the control arm you will see the second connection on the engine cradle right below where the hard line and the flexible brake like join. This is the connector that is usually bad when people can't solve the problem messing with the one by the hub. If neither of those connections are bad and a wire isn't broken then it is the sensor itself in the hub but these rarely go bad unless the hub itself is shot.
Regardless it is the left front speed sensor circuit for sure.

Oh, and it doesn't cause any issues other than the ones you mentioned.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Wasserott
Pro

Thanks man, I've taken the connector off the wheel hub a dozen times and it seems to fix it for a few minutes then I'm right back where I started.

Good to know, won't ruin my track day. I just don't want a reduced power situation or funky application of brakes.

I'll look to swap harnesses right to left to isolate harness first.

Thanks,
CHuck
Old 06-23-2011, 11:22 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wasserott
I can't locate what is causing the issue. I'll have to spend more time. But in the mean time, i've pulled the 40amp ABS fuse so that ABS won't be doing anything funky.

Besides not having ABS and TC/AH, will there be any other issues?

THANKS!

CHuck
I ran fine this way but I did miss the ABS. I was behind a GT3 and running together with him when he decided to park it in T10 at summit--20mph slower than I take it. This flat spotted my tire.

Be aware of this issue...you may have to give folks an unusual amount of room. Or else just hope they don't do something so...

My issue was the wire connection at the hub...inadequate strain relief when this was re-routed from the brake cooling duct install.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:04 AM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

As mentioned, be careful of flat spotting. Depending on the tire, you will only hear the squeal when it is way too late and you need to take your foot nearly off the pedal to cure the lock-up.
I ran about 6 events last year w/o abs, zero issues. This year put DTC70s up front and flatspotted 3 sets of front tires due to intermittent abs issues & the increased torque. ABS issue turned out to be a disintegrating wire from the speed sensor, coming from the hub cover.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:16 AM
Wasserott
Pro

Thanks all, you've confirmed my thoughts.

I hear your warnings w/r/t flat spotting a tire.

Chuck
Old 06-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Pulling the fuse doesn't hurt but you don't really have to do it. That code shuts down the complete system until its fixed.

Bill
Old 06-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Wasserott
Pro

Ok, other than all the annoying warning messages...won't go away, the car drove awesome. No drama.

Chuck

Get notified of new replies

To Is it ok to run with C1232

Quick Reply: Is it ok to run with C1232