Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for Canton Racing Accusump Users

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 09:30 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Default Question for Canton Racing Accusump Users

I've had my unit for just under one year, its worked properly until about three weks ago when my electric pressure switch quit working. I bypass the switch and the valve works properly. Is the pressure switch a known consumable? (its the 25psi switch) Should I ditch the electric switch and just use a manual toggle switch? Thanks for your help.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:55 PM
Dirk Miller
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeZNJ
I've had my unit for just under one year, its worked properly until about three weks ago when my electric pressure switch quit working. I bypass the switch and the valve works properly. Is the pressure switch a known consumable? (its the 25psi switch) Should I ditch the electric switch and just use a manual toggle switch? Thanks for your help.
Pressure transducers certainly can go out.
Why not replace it? Drain the oil and just unscrew. Putting a new one in should be pretty easy. Maybe at that point you could make sure a fuse was originally installed. A pressure transducer could be more sensitive than the solenoid valve.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:27 AM
Rob's 73
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine died within 3 months. I bypassed the pressure switch. I mounted the pressure switch inside the fender so replacing it would involve taking the fender off. Ideally the pressure switch should be mounted closer to the engine block.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:52 AM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Rob's 73
Mine died within 3 months. I bypassed the pressure switch. I mounted the pressure switch inside the fender so replacing it would involve taking the fender off. Ideally the pressure switch should be mounted closer to the engine block.
Mine is mounted in the same area as yours was, and yes I took the fender off to get to it. removing the fender wasn't so bad. So are you now using a manual toggle switch? Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't the valve open unpon pressure falling? ie....car is running at 60-80 psi, pressure falls to 20psi and the switch senses the pressure decrease and closes the circuit sending power the the soleniod valve which activates and pushes its oil reserve into the engine. With a manual switch, I'm guessing you have to watch the oil pressure gauge and manually turn it on?
Old 06-26-2011, 07:56 AM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Dirk Miller
Pressure transducers certainly can go out.
Why not replace it? Drain the oil and just unscrew. Putting a new one in should be pretty easy. Maybe at that point you could make sure a fuse was originally installed. A pressure transducer could be more sensitive than the solenoid valve.
I am replacing it, and yes, its very easy to do. The system uses a pressure switch with a predetermined set point to activate a soleniod valve. The solenoid valve doesn't sense anything, it only opens and closes according to what the pressure sensor tells it to do. Forgive my ignorance, but is a pressure transducer different than a pressure switch?

Last edited by GeorgeZNJ; 06-26-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:37 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,083 Likes on 655 Posts

Dry sump.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:36 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Dry sump.
A poromotional give away

Get notified of new replies