Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PBOC Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 09:18 AM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

Default PBOC Motorsports

Anyone here ever raced with the PBOC Group? I have run in the Solo Group with them at Barber twice, seems to be a good group. I can't find much info about how they would class cars. Any idea how a NASA ST2 would fit in? They are having a race at Barber in November, would like to give it a try. Hopefully NASA Mid-South will get an event there in 2012 Thanks in advance
Old 06-26-2011, 12:28 PM
ZoomFreakinZoom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BERETTA
Anyone here ever raced with the PBOC Group? I have run in the Solo Group with them at Barber twice, seems to be a good group. I can't find much info about how they would class cars. Any idea how a NASA ST2 would fit in? They are having a race at Barber in November, would like to give it a try. Hopefully NASA Mid-South will get an event there in 2012 Thanks in advance
I race with them a good bit, if you run ST2 in your Corvette, chances are you'll be in R3. PBOC has some really nice cars, and there are a few of them that are VERY good drivers. They put on a good event, are always on schedule and the racing is very close. You'll have fun. I'll be there so if you want someone to paddock with then you're welcome to join us. We usually bring 3 cars to that race.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:06 PM
sgsvette
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Corvette's are usually in R2.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:15 PM
ZoomFreakinZoom
Instructor

Originally Posted by sgsvette
Corvette's are usually in R2.
An ST2 corvette wouldn't be competitive in R2. All the ST2 cars all ran R3 the past 4 race weekends I was at, but maybe they changed it. The ST1 cars run R2 against Turnage, so good luck winning that class.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:42 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Any contingencies?
Old 06-26-2011, 06:49 PM
sgsvette
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZoomFreakinZoom
An ST2 corvette wouldn't be competitive in R2. All the ST2 cars all ran R3 the past 4 race weekends I was at, but maybe they changed it. The ST1 cars run R2 against Turnage, so good luck winning that class.
I used to run R2 (and beat Turnage), but not for about a year now. I just never saw another Corvette run below R2, but you're probably correct.

[quote=Any contingencies? [quote] Not even a trophy.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

How can you race without a mug on the line?
Old 06-26-2011, 07:09 PM
gmccreary
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sperkins
Any contingencies?
You're always looking for free stuff
Old 06-26-2011, 08:13 PM
StKnoWhere
Tech Contributor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The PBOC Daytona Halloween events are pretty awesome.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:25 PM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by ZoomFreakinZoom
I race with them a good bit, if you run ST2 in your Corvette, chances are you'll be in R3. PBOC has some really nice cars, and there are a few of them that are VERY good drivers. They put on a good event, are always on schedule and the racing is very close. You'll have fun. I'll be there so if you want someone to paddock with then you're welcome to join us. We usually bring 3 cars to that race.
Thank you- I might just take you up on that

I would think that NASA'S Annual Tech would carry over to PBOC.
Also I am on a provisional license right now. But by then I should have 5 or more races behind me hopefully..I am figuring NASA'S program should be sufficient.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:16 PM
ZoomFreakinZoom
Instructor

Originally Posted by sgsvette
I used to run R2 (and beat Turnage), but not for about a year now. I just never saw another Corvette run below R2, but you're probably correct.
Yea, he just cheats now to make sure he wins... he also moved all the corvette's he couldn't beat down a class, so they all run R3 now. Lucky me! The only time I ran against him was when I was driving someone else's car, and he managed to beat me and the rest of the field by 2 laps in a 30 mins race... PBOC's excuse was that T&S failed and they were hand timing him. LAME
Old 06-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have run with them before. Be prepared to be lectured like a schoolboy about how to pass etc.

It seemed to me that the cars were not classified correctly, having much more power than should have been allowed.

That said, if you are looking for race experience, give it a shot.

Tim
Old 06-27-2011, 08:30 AM
FlamingZ06
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will be put in R3.

Our car was placed in R2 (big mistake, but they didn't want us beating up the Porsches in R1). We have beaten Turnage every time we have raced. At Road Atlanta, David was 5 seconds a lap faster than him.

His car is clearly an ST1 level car, possibly SU with the slicks he runs, but it is so poorly set up he would be a mid pack ST2 in the Southeast (if it were legal).

Yes, PBOC has different passing rules than most clubs, you'll want to familiarize yourself with them.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Originally Posted by Timz06
lectured like a schoolboy about how to pass etc.
You obviously have no idea how to pass.

Get notified of new replies

To PBOC Motorsports

Quick Reply: PBOC Motorsports