Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Z06 for SCCA ITE?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 09:47 AM
SilverC5Z
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 Z06 for SCCA ITE?

I know that ITE is only a regional class, however it seems pretty popular at some of the races I would run it in.

This would be mainly a enduro car...NJMP 12 hour and VIR 13 hour

I currently have LG G2 coilovers on it along with T1 sways
could I run these?
Old 06-28-2011, 10:30 AM
bosco022
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverC5Z
I know that ITE is only a regional class, however it seems pretty popular at some of the races I would run it in.

This would be mainly a enduro car...NJMP 12 hour and VIR 13 hour

I currently have LG G2 coilovers on it along with T1 sways
could I run these?
The I.T. classes allow coilovers as well as that sway bar.

Depending on what motor you run, it could also be an SCCA STO.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:39 AM
SilverC5Z
Intermediate

Its the 5.7l, its pretty stock for now...I would do headers and exhaust as well as the bigger rad/oil cooler, trans & diff cooler and accusump
Old 06-28-2011, 10:52 AM
bosco022
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Its the 5.7l, its pretty stock for now...I would do headers and exhaust as well as the bigger rad/oil cooler, trans & diff cooler and accusump
The LS6 seems to be the most reliable of the LS motors in a road racing application where dry sump is not used. I would stick with that. At some point you might consider going with the stock pressure pump/scavenge dry sump system. I have used it for years and never had a motor issue due to oiling problems. This has been in LS1 powered road race stock cars and our new tube frame LS6 Vette.

I use the Moroso dry sump pan they used in the old ASA stock car series on the stock car and a ARE pan on the Vette, Barnes single stage scavenge pump and a 3 gal dry sump tank. I kinda pieced it together and it was not all that expensive.

When you get near 600 flywheel hp a full dry sump is usually recommended.

If you ran it as an STO car, you could do more gutting and use lexan windshield and hatch etc. probably get it a couple hundred pounds lighter. That said, maybe pretty much anything goes in ITE. Kinda catchall class.

Last edited by bosco022; 06-28-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:38 AM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

If you're looking for large run groups, look into your local chapters as ITE is popular in some regions and not in others. Also look at the cars they are running and times. Just because there's a lot of ITE entries doesn't mean you will be competitive, or have anyone to race with. Out here, ITE is very competitive with a lot of cars in Northern Cal, where as So Cal only gets a few cars a year and I've honestly never paid attention to competitiveness..
Old 06-28-2011, 12:03 PM
SilverC5Z
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
If you're looking for large run groups, look into your local chapters as ITE is popular in some regions and not in others. Also look at the cars they are running and times. Just because there's a lot of ITE entries doesn't mean you will be competitive, or have anyone to race with. Out here, ITE is very competitive with a lot of cars in Northern Cal, where as So Cal only gets a few cars a year and I've honestly never paid attention to competitiveness..
I am not looking for tons of cars every weekend, I am looking for a decent number of cars in the 2-3 enduro races I run a year.

The fastest laps @ the VIR 13 hour where run by a 993 ITE (2:07.9) and a cts-v ITE (2:08) they both did not finish...993 killed its motor, and the cts-v killed the diff

What is the main set of rules for ITE, if you do not have a car that was built to run another series? Do you just build it to what series you want? I know you need to follow the SCCA IT saftey specs at least.

Thanks for the help
-Pete
Old 06-28-2011, 12:25 PM
jasonberkeley
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I think in ITE, the 'E' stands for everything. I don't think it's a class with a defined set of rules. My understanding has always been that it's a 'run what ya brung' kind of catch-all class.

I would make the car legal in STO so you can run in more races than just regional, but you could also run it in ITE.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:35 PM
rmackintosh
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

I am not looking for tons of cars every weekend, I am looking for a decent number of cars in the 2-3 enduro races I run a year.

The fastest laps @ the VIR 13 hour where run by a 993 ITE (2:07.9) and a cts-v ITE (2:08) they both did not finish...993 killed its motor, and the cts-v killed the diff

What is the main set of rules for ITE, if you do not have a car that was built to run another series? Do you just build it to what series you want? I know you need to follow the SCCA IT saftey specs at least.

Thanks for the help
-Pete
Being a regional only class, ITE rules can differ per region. Out here in Norther CA, we have large ITE fields and the cars are very competitive. Our "rule book" is easy:

1. Must use production tub

2. Must run on D.O.T. tires

All else is open. Basically Super Production for production based cars.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:57 PM
SilverC5Z
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jasonberkeley
I think in ITE, the 'E' stands for everything. I don't think it's a class with a defined set of rules. My understanding has always been that it's a 'run what ya brung' kind of catch-all class.

I would make the car legal in STO so you can run in more races than just regional, but you could also run it in ITE.
I will look into the STO class, I share a spec miata with my brother and we run that a lot, just looking for something faster for the enduro races, and maybe the odd ProIT race
Originally Posted by rmackintosh
Being a regional only class, ITE rules can differ per region. Out here in Norther CA, we have large ITE fields and the cars are very competitive. Our "rule book" is easy:

1. Must use production tub

2. Must run on D.O.T. tires

All else is open. Basically Super Production for production based cars.
Thanks, I guess that means fuel cell size would be open as well?(on a region by region basis) That could come in handy for enduro events
Old 06-28-2011, 02:10 PM
rmackintosh
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks, I guess that means fuel cell size would be open as well?(on a region by region basis) That could come in handy for enduro events
In our region....yes....I could run a 55 gallon drum strapped to the back.

I ran the entire life of the car, until its recent demise, with a stock fuel tank.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:21 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 160 Posts

T1 and STO are national classes

ITE is a regional catchall as stated above.

I would build to T1 or STO then you have options to run either of those plus ITE. In Socal there are not many STO cars and sometimes we double dip into STO with our T1 cars. We would not be competative with real STO cars but since there are not many around here we play there. So if you build to T1 you can run T1, STO, ITE. Being nationally licensed give you options to run more races at more varying times.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:35 AM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

T1 prep would not be ideal for endurance racing imo. STO would be a better platform to cross over to endurance racing
Old 06-29-2011, 02:32 PM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I have all but given up on trying to run SCCA ARRC at Road Atlanta this fall. ITE (ITO in the SE) board didn't seem real crazy about a PTA/C5Z running without a crap load of ballast, and there are tech restrictions (need bars forward of the A pillar verticals, these are additonal mod pts for NASA PT rules). And wasn't it STO (which would be a joke of a class for us) that requires fuel cells? The closest thing to us (lap time) really is T1, but bushings, small clutch, and lack of a dash will keep us out of that. IMHO it's pretty stupid your car would be illegal for T1 with a bushing change but you can run $8k shocks Headers are ok but a small clutch is not (heck we still got cats, lol)

Bottom line, NASA - SCCA is a one way street. I bet we could get 4-6 NASA PT C5Z06's in the ARRC in Nov if we could find a home.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:23 PM
C&M Racing
Instructor

Bottom line, NASA - SCCA is a one way street. I bet we could get 4-6 NASA PT C5Z06's in the ARRC in Nov if we could find a home.[/QUOTE]

In the SE it is called ITO. Same as ITE

Put your dash back in and run T1.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Z06 for SCCA ITE?

Quick Reply: C5 Z06 for SCCA ITE?