Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video -- VIR -- The Beast running with Mcar00

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Video -- VIR -- The Beast running with Mcar00

Many who didn't attend the NCM event may not be checking that thread so I figured I'd post here.

Here's a video of Mcar00 (Mike C in his black C6 Z06) and myself running VIR with the NCM on Tuesday. Lainey Landstra was riding shotgun and she was fearless.

It was the instructor session (Red) and we had fun running with a lot of great drivers. Mcar00 is lightning fast and very smooth. I thought he hooked onto me with a trailer hitch as I couldn't shake him, he was superior!

Mike C has in car video as well and will post it up as well.

It was great seeing everybody, once a year isn't enough for such a great group of people!

Mike
Old 06-30-2011, 04:30 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Great run. I was up on the flag tower at the start finish line when you were running these laps and it would shudder everytime you came by. Your car is simply amazing Mike!

Like I told you at the event, thanks for all of your help. It was great to finally meet you in person.

Paul (NCM)
Old 06-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool video, track looks great, Beast sounds awesome. Think I could hear your alternator starting to make a little noise......
Old 06-30-2011, 05:30 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 295 Likes on 76 Posts

Great job, MIKE & MIKE, you boys play nice together. Looks like lots of fun, sorry I was not there to see it. I had to start my 13 hour drive home before you went out. Great run! JD
Old 06-30-2011, 07:13 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by talon90
Great run. I was up on the flag tower at the start finish line when you were running these laps and it would shudder everytime you came by. Your car is simply amazing Mike!

Like I told you at the event, thanks for all of your help. It was great to finally meet you in person.

Paul (NCM)
Paul,

Thanks, funny thing is I have never heard it as I'm always inside. It would be great if somebody could post a short clip of the fly bys.

Every time I saw you, you were working feverishly without complaint (at least publicly lol) to make this event great for everyone. I was happy to help out and appreciate you crawling into the trailer upside down to retrieve all the cones so I could set up the skid pad.

Mike
Old 06-30-2011, 07:17 PM
mcar00
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Mike I think you should retitle the video something like,"Two Fast Cars Driven by a Couple of Hacks"!!

I had a blast running with you. Thanks for posting the video as my car is so damn loud I couldn't hear the Holinger Sequential banging through the gears while we were out there and I didn't want to miss that. Great fun! Hope we get to do it again next year.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lookin good Mike, BTW, I think your speedo is broken!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:54 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,402 Likes on 610 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Paul,

Thanks, funny thing is I have never heard it as I'm always inside. It would be great if somebody could post a short clip of the fly bys.

Every time I saw you, you were working feverishly without complaint (at least publicly lol) to make this event great for everyone. I was happy to help out and appreciate you crawling into the trailer upside down to retrieve all the cones so I could set up the skid pad.

Mike
Mike,
I was up there on the starters stand with Paul. Check these out.
Taken with a small digital but better than nothing...

Glenn

A couple Newlander Fly-Bys at the Start/Finish line, VIR June 28, 2011

Last edited by Glennm27; 06-30-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,402 Likes on 610 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Mike
You had me laughing once in that session that Lainey was with you. You came out of the Hog Pen and entering the front straight with two cars ahead of you running side by side and there's you coming up behind them with your lights flashing...

Those guys stepped aside in a hurry......

Yvonne was riding in Steve's car during that same session. It was her first time around the track and she loved it, I mean LOVED it. She can't wait until next year....
Old 06-30-2011, 08:05 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Paul,

Mike
Mike,

I'd do it again tomorrow. I was having a blast and I wouldn't dream of complaining (even privately). Everyone involved was working so hard to try to make sure that everything went off as planned. Not sure what made me hop up in the trailer like that but it made sense at the time. I think I must have decided it was better to do that then to unload the entire trailer at that point to get to them. I think picking them up went a lot smoother. It was nice of the VIR guy to give me a hand with his golf cart.

It looks like Glenn has you covered on a couple of fly-by's and I'm glad because I was a little awestruck by the car and was too busy watching and couldn't get my brain to work to record it.

I'll see you next year and I'll make it a point to get some footage for you.

Paul
Old 06-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Glennm27
Mike,

Glenn

A couple Nulander Fly-Bys at the Start/Finish line, VIR June 28, 2011
Man, that thing is ............... well, a Beast.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:36 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mcar00
Mike I think you should retitle the video something like,"Two Fast Cars Driven by a Couple of Hacks"!!
I'll gladly accept the hack title but you my friend brought game!
Old 06-30-2011, 08:50 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Glennm27
Mike,

Glenn

Glenn,

Thank you!

If Yvonne loved it, that's a testament to Steve Landstra driving smooth, which he does.

Yvonne and Lainey: Girls gone fast!

Mike
Old 06-30-2011, 11:23 PM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Somewhere, south of Chicago, in a huge cave lives a Beast that is as fierce as a rodeo bronco and is seldom ridden. But occasionally one man mounts the Beast and the crowd gathers to see if the Beast can be controlled. With its identifying roar and the snarl of a shiftless change of pace we first hear and then see the black and yellow creature run by us in a lightning flash, devouring all lesser things in its path like so many M & M candies. As fast as we can turn our heads back we hear the creature's mighty roar coming down Hog Pen and at us again and wonder if the rider can keep the Beast on the path. With smoke and steam, emitting an odor of burnt oil on a machine run hard and fast, the smell of melting rubber fusing with gravel and sand and the sound of metal flexing and rippling back into its dormant state, the rider brings the conquered creature back to the paddock, twists out from the resting beauty and is revealed as a humble man simply known as everyone's best friend. Thanks for the show, Mike!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Timz06
Lookin good Mike, BTW, I think your speedo is broken!
Tim,

Ha,

I actually have 4 speedos, one for each wheel sensor that I can access in my dash display. I never look at speed while driving anyway, just data acquisition afterwards to see how awful I was.

Once my T/C system is finally calibrated I will have speed and rpm displayed in the video playback.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Blue Lightening
Burning Brakes

That's a great video. Thanks for posting.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:05 AM
AutobahnRacer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by v8 juice
somewhere, south of chicago, in a huge cave lives a beast that is as fierce as a rodeo bronco and is seldom ridden. But occasionally one man mounts the beast and the crowd gathers to see if the beast can be controlled. With its identifying roar and the snarl of a shiftless change of pace we first hear and then see the black and yellow creature run by us in a lightning flash, devouring all lesser things in its path like so many m & m candies. As fast as we can turn our heads back we hear the creature's mighty roar coming down hog pen and at us again and wonder if the rider can keep the beast on the path. With smoke and steam, emitting an odor of burnt oil on a machine run hard and fast, the smell of melting rubber fusing with gravel and sand and the sound of metal flexing and rippling back into its dormant state, the rider brings the conquered creature back to the paddock, twists out from the resting beauty and is revealed as a humble man simply known as everyone's best friend. Thanks for the show, mike!!!
oh, good god man

Get notified of new replies

To Video -- VIR -- The Beast running with Mcar00

Old 07-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by V8 Juice
Thanks for the show, Mike!!!

Art,

Nice prose! When is your book coming out?

Great to see #10 and you out there ripping it up as well!

Mike
Old 07-01-2011, 11:39 AM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Art,

Nice prose! When is your book coming out?

Great to see #10 and you out there ripping it up as well!

Mike
I can't be responsible for anything I write after 11:00 PM and 2 beers!
As ex-Prez Bush self-deprecatingly answers when asked what people think about his book: "Write a book? Hell, some people don't think I can read a book!"
Old 07-01-2011, 12:31 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Nice vid. Your car sounds awesome!

Quick Reply: Video -- VIR -- The Beast running with Mcar00