Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catch Can Install

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 07:21 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

Default Catch Can Install

After reading many posts about catch cans and not seeing many installation pictures. And hearing vent back to engine, DON'T vent back to engine??? I decided to go forward with my own installation. I also decided because I use my car mainly for HPDEs and very little on the street. I did not want any oil in the intake system. This may not be right for you!! There is one main problem to over come with a catch can install, and that is there is very little room on the right side of the car for the cans. The can that I wanted to use was 18 inches tall and would handle both lines, 1 the line from the oil sump tank. 2 the line from the valley cover. But there is not enough room for this can. So I decided to use 2 Canton 23-032 catch cans, one for each line. This can is 3 1/4" around and 9 1/4" tall and has a nice breather and mounting bracket. They also include a piece of steel to weld to something for mounting, this worked prefect to mount to the head, with just a couple of bends it allows mounting the 2 cans back to back as shown. In order to drain the cans, you loosen the clamps on the cans a slip them out of the bracket and drain them and reinstall on the brackets. Takes about 5 minute each. I ran them for 5 days at VIR last week and they worked great, after three sessions with oil at the middle mark, the oil sump tank catch can had about 5 oz. in it and the other had a few drops. NOTE: you have to plug the lines that go back to the intake from the valley and the line that goes to the rubber boot in front of the Throttle body. These cans vent through the breathers on the cans. Here are some pictures of the install. You can e-mail or PM me if you have any questions. This is probably not a good installation if you street the car a lot, but for a track car it is the way to go!! No OIL IN ENGINE!!! JD [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by JDIllon; 07-03-2011 at 07:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Catch Can Install