Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putnam Park July 30th 31st 10/10ths Motorsports Charity Event

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 07:54 AM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Default Putnam Park July 30th 31st 10/10ths Motorsports Charity Event

10/10ths Motorsports is hosting the first ever HorsePower4Hope charity event.
It is in combination with our regular 10/10ths w/e event format but will include many extras.

I am working with the HorsePower4Hope group and the final charity event funds will go to the Hope Haven Horse Farm which gives many disabled children something to smile about and some great therapy.
Having 3 deaf children myself, I know the value of a helping hand during those early years.

Event registration and charity information can be found at LINK

The 30th (Sat) is the actual charity event and we will be there Sunday as well. You can register for one or both days.
Many of our great drivers have already made donations and/or registered for the event.

I am very optimistic about a great success and am honored to have been asked to help with this great group of folks.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Z06_505
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WNeal
It is in combination with our regular 10/10ths w/e event format but will include many extras.

I am working with the HorsePower4Hope group and the final charity event funds will go to the Hope Haven Horse Farm which gives many disabled children something to smile about and some great therapy.
Having 3 deaf children myself, I know the value of a helping hand during those early years.

The 30th (Sat) is the actual charity event and we will be there Sunday as well. You can register for one or both days.
Many of our great drivers have already made donations and/or registered for the event.

I am very optimistic about a great success and am honored to have been asked to help with this great group of folks.
I'll be there with bells on. I have a now 27 year old son with autism. He went to a similar riding stable during his early years and we attribute much of his independence now to those hours and days on the back of those horses.

This is a worthwhile event for a worthwhile cause. You rock Bill!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:09 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

A beautiful young niece with autism here. I will be there with donation in hand. And bells on too as with Sam he Am.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:33 AM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"

Originally Posted by southern_son
A beautiful young niece with autism here. I will be there with donation in hand. And bells on too as with Sam he Am.
You and Sam are wearing bells ??

Weird
Old 07-06-2011, 10:49 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

You and Sam are wearing bells ??

Weird
I wondered how far 'north' that saying had actually gotten.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:18 PM
KY-Traveler
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

I wondered how far 'north' that saying had actually gotten.
To be somewhere with "bells on" refers to a practice peddlers had when they roamed the area west of the Appalachians selling wares. To avoid Indians, they traveled as silently as possible until they reached a settled area. Then they unmuffled bells hung around their horses necks to announce their arrival to outlying cabins. Hence, "I'll be there with bells on." The peddlers' arrival was a much anticipated major event in the mostly tedious and hard lives of settlers, not only for the goods they sold, but also for the news, letters, and messages they carried from the outside world.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:24 PM
bb69
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I will be there. I'm working on a new engine now. Looking forward to it. I'm trying to bring some of the 3 ***** crew with me.

See you there.

Ken
Old 07-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Massc5
Advanced

Jonathan and I would like to come boyh days. Do too the serious nature of the event I will not say anything cute about my son.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:44 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Massc5
Jonathan and I would like to come boyh days. Do too the serious nature of the event I will not say anything cute about my son.
Bucky, your mind is a wonderous thing! Wish you were here, I would serve you some of that whole pork shoulder that I just removed from the egg! Not up to your standards but still mighty tastey.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:34 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by KY-Traveler
To be somewhere with "bells on" refers to a practice peddlers had when they roamed the area west of the Appalachians selling wares. To avoid Indians, they traveled as silently as possible until they reached a settled area. Then they unmuffled bells hung around their horses necks to announce their arrival to outlying cabins. Hence, "I'll be there with bells on." The peddlers' arrival was a much anticipated major event in the mostly tedious and hard lives of settlers, not only for the goods they sold, but also for the news, letters, and messages they carried from the outside world.
Yeah, your wife, the history major, clued you in on that one.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:51 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"

Originally Posted by Massc5
You both have a spot
Old 07-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Bink
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by KY-Traveler
Wow, I didn't know this. I've used that old saying for years.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:29 AM
jawfixer
Instructor

Bucky, your mind is a wonderous thing! Wish you were here, I would serve you some of that whole pork shoulder that I just removed from the egg! Not up to your standards but still mighty tastey.
Arte--the proof is in the bark on that shoulder and whether you are using a vinegar or tomato based sauce. Being from 10 a C--I bet u r using the tomato based sauce
Old 07-09-2011, 08:35 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jawfixer
Arte--the proof is in the bark on that shoulder and whether you are using a vinegar or tomato based sauce. Being from 10 a C--I bet u r using the tomato based sauce
Actually, this was a ham of sorts. Smoked and grilled to perfection. I luv my small, big green egg. Are you coming to the Putnam event?
Old 07-09-2011, 01:45 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"

The charity portion of the event is already going well with a few KK $$ donated.

both days will be the normal 10/10ths track day but Saturday will have some extra activities to make the day even better
Old 07-11-2011, 03:34 PM
JohnAlley
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are in doubt about attending a 10/10ths event don't be. I am fairly new to this just started tracking in March of this year. I have attended two of the 10/10ths events and can't say enough good about them. Quality instructors and a really great group of drivers that will help you with any questions or problems you might be having. Looking forward to the event at the end of this month as it has a two fold purpose, 1) Raising funds for a great charity 2) Being able to track your car. So if you have never done an HPDE event give this one a try you won't be disappointed, and if you have done other HPDE events you will be impressed with the 10/10ths event.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:46 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"

Originally Posted by JohnAlley
If you are in doubt about attending a 10/10ths event don't be. I am fairly new to this just started tracking in March of this year. I have attended two of the 10/10ths events and can't say enough good about them. Quality instructors and a really great group of drivers that will help you with any questions or problems you might be having. Looking forward to the event at the end of this month as it has a two fold purpose, 1) Raising funds for a great charity 2) Being able to track your car. So if you have never done an HPDE event give this one a try you won't be disappointed, and if you have done other HPDE events you will be impressed with the 10/10ths event.
Thanks John

See you in 3 weeks

Also,
We will be having a car show to any cool car that wants to show up. Tell your buddies to bring the cars out and show them off. We will have a trophy for best of show.

Since this is our first attempt at something like this, I think the car show is the wildcard. We may get a lot, we may get a few and if only one shows up, they get the trophy

Get notified of new replies

To Putnam Park July 30th 31st 10/10ths Motorsports Charity Event

Old 07-11-2011, 08:48 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"

Actually, this was a ham of sorts. Smoked and grilled to perfection. I luv my small, big green egg. ?
YUMMY
Old 07-14-2011, 05:54 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"

We are getting more drivers and more donations

2 more weeks and 2 days
Old 07-14-2011, 10:13 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Yesssiirreeee! That sure was a fun group a couple of weeks ago. May this one be as enjoyable!

Quick Reply: Putnam Park July 30th 31st 10/10ths Motorsports Charity Event