Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stoptech or Brembro Users - consumables question

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 01:14 PM
TGiuliante
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stoptech or Brembro Users - consumables question

For those of you running these BBKs on track duty what are the replacement costs - Rotor rings and pads. How much longer do the consumables last as compared to stock.

Thanks!
Old 07-12-2011, 02:33 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

I run Stoptech's and I have found the consumables last 2 to 3 times as long. I have run both Stoptech's and Brembo's. Brembo consumables are 60 to 80% higher in cost than the Stoptech's. Don't get me wrong they are both much better than stock. But the Brembo's have a much higher operating cost and last about the same as the Stoptech's. Just my opinion! One thing nice about the Stoptech's is you can run 14" rotors front and rear. JD
Old 07-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Liquid1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I were currently in the market for a BBK, I would give this a close look as well.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...brake-kit.html
Old 07-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Superbee
Instructor

I run Brembo's and compared to a stock system the pads are less expensive and last four times as long. Rotors and rings are expensive but have yet to replace or crack one in two years. As far as performance I feel there is no comparison, I tried many different pads and rotors on the stock system and could never get satisfaction. I would go with this setup again without question, when you can run in the corner as fast and as deep as a Porsche you appreciate how good they are
Old 07-12-2011, 09:58 PM
TGiuliante
Racer

thanks for the replies.What do slotted rotors and race pads run for Brembo vs stoptech?
Old 07-12-2011, 10:11 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by TGiuliante
thanks for the replies.What do slotted rotors and race pads run for Brembo vs stoptech?
Rotor with hardware for Stoptech's $220.00 EA, Brembo's with hardware $375.00Ea. Front Race pads for Stoptech,s about $300 to $400.00 Brembo's $500.00 plus the pads vary alot depending on who's and what material. The pads for the Stoptech's are used on many applications and therefore competitively priced. I have not run Brembo's for several years so this is my experience from the past with Brembo's. I'm getting about the same performance with the Stoptech's as with the Brembo's and about the same life out of the consumables. JD
Old 07-13-2011, 08:42 AM
JRitt@essex
Supporting Vendor

Received 417 Likes on 271 Posts

I'll throw another vote in to check out the Hardbar/Essex/AP Racing T1 brake package. Spare AP Racing J Hook discs are $249 each, and race pads are in the $150-$210 range. The metallurgy on the discs is the same as what C6R's are running in ALMS, and the pads are 20mm thick. Both the pads and discs last a very long time...many times longer than stock. Check out some of the other owner feedback on this forum.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:45 PM
TGiuliante
Racer

I looked at this kit and spoke with gary about it. It is an impressive kit - no doubt but i just cannot get by the fact of going to a smaller rotor for my C6Z. I understand it will perform and bigger is not better but why go smaller? i cannot get by this.

i would love to hear other guys experiences with this
Old 07-13-2011, 01:31 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I looked at this kit and spoke with gary about it. It is an impressive kit - no doubt but i just cannot get by the fact of going to a smaller rotor for my C6Z. I understand it will perform and bigger is not better but why go smaller? i cannot get by this.

I don't have it but less rotating weight in a smaller diameter is one thought of it.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Liquid1
Instructor

I haven't done any detailed research on this but doesn't it run with a 14" rotor if that is your key criteria (says so in the link below). But I would wonder why is running a 14" rotor your key criteria? Assuming you get the performance, what is important about the rotor size? Is it an aesthetic consideration?

http://hardbarusa.com/hardbar/produc...roducts_id=179
Old 07-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Superbee
Instructor

As stated I run the Brembo BBk kit but must clarify that I use a racing rotor ring and not the one for street kit, calliper is the same. With Hawk pads the car stops great on the track. the racing rotors are more expensive and are 14 inch but i have yet to crack one in two years.
I have purchase a spare set of rotors, hats, hardware and pads for my setup, cost was around $2500

Get notified of new replies

To Stoptech or Brembro Users - consumables question

Quick Reply: Stoptech or Brembro Users - consumables question