Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harness Bar

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 09:52 PM
fennerhillpro
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harness Bar

I am looking at my options and see bars from 150 - 400 is there any difference say betrween a Shark and say the ebay special?
Old 07-13-2011, 09:23 AM
jlutherva
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 07-13-2011, 01:29 PM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I looked into both the Hardbar and the BK bars (examined them in friends Vettes) and decided to go with the "Kalani" bar from KNSbrakes.com (forum sponsor). I didn't like how high up the Harbar one is (higher than my shoulders) and don't really care for the BK design. I've used the Kalani bar for 3 track days now and am very happy with it - its the perfect height, the price was decent, the fit and finish is good, it looks great....works for me. Here is the local thread with the better pictures: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...-them-out.html

Last edited by argonaut; 07-13-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:08 PM
fennerhillpro
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do they make it for a c6?
Old 07-13-2011, 09:25 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Not sure what the EBay special is. The Sharkbar is a nice bar that moves the bar rearward and down so you get a good angle for the shoulder restraints to go across your shoulders. I had the Hardbar in my car but it went directly between the two shoulder belt mounts and was too high. I moved my race seat as high as I could get it on its rails but still had trouble with the belts coming down at too high of an angle. They were vertical enough that they didn't hold my HANS properly. Then I had trouble getting into and out of the seat and could not get out of the car with my helmet or HANS on.

With the Sharkbar I was able to lower the seat as far as the rails would allow which improved entry/exit and the shoulder harness now goes over my HANS properly.

Bill
Old 07-14-2011, 09:51 AM
TNTC4VETTE
Will work for HPDE time.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 for the Shark Bar. I just installed mine and love it. Being able to mount harnesses was one thing, but the extra support it provided the car was where I found the most impact so far. I know I will appreciate the harnesses at Roebling next month.

Get notified of new replies

To Harness Bar

Quick Reply: Harness Bar