Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: Late Model Chevy Road Course Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 05:25 PM
red08C6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: Late Model Chevy Road Course Car

**** SOLD ****

Late model Chevy Monte Carlo Race Car converted to road race setup: Price: $5,700.00 - Perfect for track days and High Performance Driving Events.

I'm certain it wouldn't qualify for any particular race series without some love and attention. It's been around many tracks many times, and isn't new - last owner raced it at Martinsville as a circle-track racer - but it's got lots of laps left in it.

This is a deal. The car's in Ann Arbor, MI.
  • Perimeter Chassis with Truck Arm rear suspension
  • Chassis is freshly powder-coated and looks good; some surface rust on suspension components, but not bad
  • Big springs (not coil-overs)
  • Bilstein shocks on four corners
  • Sierra Racing brakes on front, Wilwood rear brakes
  • Stock Chevy 350 small block (not a race engine, but plenty of fun at the track)
  • Tuned Port Injection (TPI) controlled by Accel DFI Gen 6
  • MSD Billet Distributor and Ignition
  • Super T-10 4 speed trans
  • Quick change rear end
  • Adjustable upper control arms
  • Fiberglass body - nice paint - looks good despite a few minor scratches and dings (it’s a track car!).
  • Wide 5 15x10 rims with 27/10-15 tires
  • Kirkey driver's seat with 6-point harness (expired)
  • Full NASCAR steel cage
  • Steel fuel cell with bladder (expired, I'm sure)

I used this car for track days, but found that with a new baby this car just demanded too much of my time (I’ve reverted to a mostly-stock much-less-demanding C-5 - purchased from a member here on CF!). This car’s a blast to drive, gets lots of attention at the track (and on the way there if you open-trailer), and will be enjoyed by whoever buys it.

The fuel injection setup could use a good dyno-tune. It starts and runs fine, but stumbles off idle and would probably make more power with a good tune. The Accel DFI will make that easier.

The tires on the car have only seen one track day, and I’ve got two brand new sets – one set of Goodyear ‘Hooter’ series tires, and one set of Hoosier 1080. They’ve been sitting for a year or two in a heated garage, but have never been mounted. All my other spare parts go with the car; still have the 2-bbl carb that came with it, extra distributor, oil pan, transmission parts, etc – it all goes with the car.

Truck and trailer are not included, of course - just the race car and spare parts.

Call Andy at (four-one-nine) 345-twentysix-hundred or PM me.

Last edited by red08C6; 07-20-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:35 AM
red08C6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sold pending receipt of funds

Quick Reply: FS: Late Model Chevy Road Course Car