Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im back!!!!

Old 07-16-2011, 12:50 AM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im back!!!!

had to take a few year unwanted vacation from all the track stuff..my wife and i had our fist baby a few years ago.. i had every intention of remaning active in our sport but when she quit her job to raise our daughter allong with the economy tankin..i found that it was allready 2 years later and hadnt been to one track day! so i took action..i had to finish our basement and move my mother-in-law in to help look after Hadley..then my wife could fire up her buisness again ..after a while things started to move slowly in the right direction bought some tires and brakes and signed up for my first de in a long time ..... boy was i rusty!!! everyone expected me to be fast with coments like "you gota watch this guy" and "oh no hes gona lap us all" i did okay i guess but nowhere as fast as i used to be...i was allright by myself on track but when in a pack of cars i didnt remember it being so hard to manage traffic while maintaining my own line ....ayway believe it or not we are puting engine #4,976,000 in the c4 and should have it ready for fall.. but for now the zo6 is my weapon off choice and plan on doing several events this year... however, i dont think ill be able to do all the traveling around i used to do to see all youguys..you guys mite have to come to nelsons and beaverun to see me but its great to be back!!
Old 07-16-2011, 03:35 AM
Shock96
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome back! You never forget your first FIST baby. They are tough...
Old 07-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Luckily I was able to manage my first child and still get some track time, but I went from 20 days to 10 days the first 2 years.

Now that she is more interactive I dont see the track days going up especially when I go to leave the house now she says "Daddy, dont go, I need you".

Old 07-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 367 Likes on 303 Posts

WB!

Had two kids in the last few years, a track day is nice mini escape vacation. Mine like the race car, they even try to work on the side of it with a screw driver.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:35 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel @ ECS
Now that she is more interactive I dont see the track days going up especially when I go to leave the house now she says "Daddy, dont go, I need you".

Tell her "I need you" "go sit in the racecar and push the middle pedal down when I tell you and hold it to the floor". That's how I started and now my daughter can diagnosis car problems, knows how to bleed spongy brakes and clutchs, solder wires and trouble shoot electrical problems, and weld! She has her own current SA2010 helmet no less. I think I started something. She is off to engineering school in September. I hope she drives for the school FSAE team.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:01 AM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
Tell her "I need you" "go sit in the racecar and push the middle pedal down when I tell you and hold it to the floor". That's how I started and now my daughter can diagnosis car problems, knows how to bleed spongy brakes and clutchs, solder wires and trouble shoot electrical problems, and weld! She has her own current SA2010 helmet no less. I think I started something. She is off to engineering school in September. I hope she drives for the school FSAE team.
at 2 1/2 hadley allready drives our pontoon boat remarkably well and allways at wot...she works with me all the time in both my shops, wood shop and car she will learn all the skills im sure..but when people ask me what she going to do when she grows up i tell them "a trophy wife" were right now headed out to get the z ready for nelson ledges this saturday....
Old 07-17-2011, 08:28 PM
vettehardt
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Aardwolf
WB!

Had two kids in the last few years, a track day is nice mini escape vacation. Mine like the race car, they even try to work on the side of it with a screw driver.
Been there done that! I was 2 years old and had a screwdriver in my hands. I used it down both sides of my dad's red 65 convertible. I guess I was saying "Help Daddy!" with each twist of the screwdriver. Somehow I am still alive to tell this story.

Get notified of new replies

To Im back!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Im back!!!!