Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CCW Wheels! Great Customer Service!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Default CCW Wheels! Great Customer Service!!!!!

I had an old set of CCW classics and after years of use and abuse I discovered one of the spokes in the basket weave of a wheel was cracked.

I called CCW to order an replacement center and spoke with John. He sent me a replacement center free, even though I expected to pay for it since the wheel was so old and used.

He doesn't want something out in the market that can tarnish his reputation. That's a great way to do business.

I wish everyone would think of their customers like that!

Thanks, CCW!
Old 07-27-2011, 11:32 AM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcon
I had an old set of CCW classics and after years of use and abuse I discovered one of the spokes in the basket weave of a wheel was cracked.

I called CCW to order an replacement center and spoke with John. He sent me a replacement center free, even though I expected to pay for it since the wheel was so old and used.

He doesn't want something out in the market that can tarnish his reputation. That's a great way to do business.

I wish everyone would think of their customers like that!

Thanks, CCW!

Since you are on ccws I like you list ask john to make us some 18" classics for the big brakes we all now run in t1 racing.

Thanks!
Old 07-27-2011, 02:00 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

John and all of his people are great to do business with at CCW !! And they build a great wheel for any application. Pretty amazing when you consider all of his business is direct and by word of mouth. JD
Old 07-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Brent Dalton
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

No doubt! And the classic's are such a great set of wheels! I currently have 3 sets of them for my LS1 RX-7 race car. I recently just went with wider fenders and needed wider wheels. I called up CCW, talked to John, and my new outer barrels were on there way to my house to convert my 18x10's to 18x12's. Another great advantage to the 3 piece wheel... you can make it any width and offset you would like. Saved me a ton of money since I didn't have to buy all new wheels.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:50 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Yup they are great ppl

there new web store for buying 3 piece parts is great. http://shop.ccwheel.com/
Old 07-27-2011, 07:37 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Couldn't agree more! John, Chip and everybody there are great. They took care of me better than I ever could have hoped... I will buy more from them when the time comes, that's for certain.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:53 PM
Maynor29
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed. Their service rocks. I'm not even the original owner of my wheels and they are easily over 8 years old according to CCW:

They took care of the issue regardless. I'm getting ready to buy another set of wheels. Guess which brand it's going to be.

John
Old 07-28-2011, 02:04 PM
TKOGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Couldn't agree more. John, Chip, the whole gang @ CCW gave me the best service possible. Wouldn't go anywhere else.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:20 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

CCW is the best customer service!
fatbillybob, you can use classics on big brakes(depending on if the outer rim can be made narrower). I was doing it almost 10 years ago. Simply measure how much more spoke clearance you need and use a hub plate/spacer(ccw made mine). Take the same thickness of the hubplate and add it to your backspacing. For example, your current wheels have say 7" backspace. You need the same wheels, but 1/2" more spoke clearance. Get 7.5" backspace wheels and a 1/2" plate. When stacked you then are back at the 7" you need. Getting a 1/2" or thicker hub plate is preferred simply because it can be machined to register on the hub and the wheel so the entire stack is hub centric.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:33 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

love CCW and why I own 4 sets of their wheels.

Get notified of new replies

To CCW Wheels! Great Customer Service!!!!!

Quick Reply: CCW Wheels! Great Customer Service!!!!!